Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Fractal Design Define S Black Window Silent ATX Midtower Computer Case
Pros: - Came with all hardware needed (I've received cases without some screws before...)
- Very open design, not having 5.25 bays is a real case opener
- Great price (I think)
- Hard drive mounting is really good, I like the system used
- Lots of options for fans, although right now I just have the one that came with it
- Nice power button and lighting for it
- Great labeling throughout the case... small things like which screw holes to use for certain form factor motherboards (mATX vs ATX, etc)
Cons: - Could use more up front USB ports, however I will say they are perfectly placed and convenient
- The screw holes for my PSU didn't line up the greatest. Took a while to get it lined up good enough, even then I wasn't fully satisfied with how it sat at the end. I do not have any concerns the PSU will move, but everything else lined up so well I just had high expectations.
- Wouldn't mind a full metal version, but then you get weight added
- Could use SLIGHTLY more cabling room... was kind of a tight fit. I suggest a modular PSU if you don't already have one, will give you more breathing room.
Other Thoughts: Overall I rolled the dice on this one, I was waiting for a deal on the Carbide 540 but the pricing on this one was too good to not give it a shot. Glad I did - I think this layout suits what I was looking for a lot better and at a lower cost. I would seriously buy a few of these cases if I needed more.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Plays *my* games at near max settings on a C2D machine... amazing. For the price it was excellent value. I also got the rebate without issue.
Cons: The drivers didn't work right from AMD's site. I had to let Win7 pick my drivers and it was smooth sailing. I just recently installed the latest 13.1 drivers and they seem to be working fine now.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Does exactly what I bought it for at the price I wanted to pay. Good build quality and should last me years to come. Replaced a dying (but not dead!) Rosewill PSU that lasted me a good 5-6 years, about the lifespan I expect from a PSU. Would be nice to be modular but at this price point I don't expect it.
Cons: None so far.READ FULL REVIEW