Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: The My Book Pro is the perfect solution for portability and reliability. You can either have it use the drives as one large partition (10TB) or you can use a RAID configuration so you do not lose your data (5TB when in RAID 1).
When combined with a Wireless Router that supports a USB 3.0 Media Center it proves to be a very reliable network drive. Since it has RAID I copied all of my music, home videos and pictures to the drive. Since I use ROKU’s (and do streaming for TV) around the home I was able to access the My Book Pro from any room and any TV in the home.
The My Book Pro is the perfect solution for a network drive, media center with the right equipment. Its biggest feature is if the drive goes bad the data is all mirrored and you just need to replace it. No more worries about a virus taking over your computer or the hard drive crashing because all of the important data is farmed off to this separate drive on the Media Center network.
If you like listening to music on your PC (or laptop) you can use Media Monkey to connect into the Media Center and access all the music off the My Book Pro.
The drives are hot-swappable and if you ever need larger storage you can just buy new drives and take these out.
Cons: - This particular unit is very expensive
Other Thoughts: - Although the price for this 10TB unit is expensive there are lower options within the same family line of hardware. Anyone who takes a lot of family videos, pictures or has a large collection of music this is really a fantastic option for you.
- I did not report read/write speeds because the drives can go a lot faster than the USB 3.0 port would allow. There just was no point to it. However they can hit max throughput on the port easily.
This review is from: G.SKILL RIPJAWS SV710 Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound USB Gaming Headset
Pros: - Sound is good quality, I can’t tell the difference going against the SoundBlaster ZxR.
- Sound Quality goes to 24-bit, 96k Hz.
- Good closure around the ears. Can hear very little from the room around you.
- Cords are long and of good quality.
- Headset is very strong and obviously made of good quality. Fits around head well with the elastic band.
- 7.1 Can tell the different angles using 7.1 sound
- Very loud, have to lower it down.
- Software easy to use with three main settings, Stereo, Dolby & Virtual 7.1. Equalizer has several saved defaults.
Cons: - No CD, have to download software from their website
- No easy way to switch between normal speakers and headset
- Software has no way to close it without the needs to right click and select close (someone forget the standard X on the top right)
- Microphone only records 16-bit, 48k Hz
- Microphone seems to be colliding with SoundBlaster ZxR. I was only able to get it to work a short while and the quality was horrible.
Other Thoughts: - Biggest hurdle is the ability to flip between sound devices.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: Great video card, got it when it was on sale for $280. As a GTX 970 it was a steal! Works great and as expected.
Cons: Wish it had more than a 1 year warranty. Refurbs IMO should have the same factory warranty.READ FULL REVIEW