Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.
If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.
Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Noticeable speed improvement from the stock PS4 HDD
Cons: - Speed improvements aren't "as" impressive as this drive is advertised. Access times are pretty average compared to 2.5" HDDs, and R/W speeds are also average.
Other Thoughts: - In real-world usage, this drive doesn't perform much better than other high-end 2.5" drives, but it does do nicely regardless.
- The HDD part of this drive is 5400RPM. This isn't plainly made clear in the product description.
- Supports ENHANCED SECURITY ERASE UNIT and reports the run time of 332min
- Queue depth of 32
- Supports "Software settings preservation". For better performance, I recommend using hdparm from a Linux machine, disabling AAM (Automatic Acoustic Management) and APM (Advanced Power Management), and setting the preservation flag.
This review is from: Seagate BarraCuda ST1000DM010 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive Bare Drive
Pros: - Arrived with no read/write issues
- Noticeable performance improvement compared to old drive
- No problems under GNU/Linux
Cons: - None
Other Thoughts: - Under Fedora Workstation 25, the drive benchmarks the following averages with a sample size of 10 MB: 155 MB/s read, 91.2 MB/s write, 14.36 msec access time
- Testing done on a BIOSTAR A880G+ motherboard and Phenom II X4
- Drive ran continuously for 21 days with no signs of problem
This review is from: LINKSYS SE2500-NP Smart 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch
Pros: - Small
- Temperatures are cool
- Maintains gigabit transfer rates without issue
- Doesn't easily tip backwards with ethernet cables inserted (a common issue with most small/lightweight switches)
Cons: - No wall-mounting option available
Other Thoughts: It works nicely for a small switch and looks nice to have out in the open. If you don't care for appearance though or plan to have it in a rough environment, an alternative metal switch is a better option (8-port metal options are common in the price range this switch goes for).READ FULL REVIEW