Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: * Aluminum construction (not plastic)
* Decent fit (camera side, lens side)
* Comes with end-caps that fit properly (not cheap ones that unscrew and fall off on their own)
* Does indeed AF and permit the user to select aperture settings that work
* Good looks (got the red set to go with my L lens)
* Release buttons lock the sections together, which is important so the lens doesn't twist off accidentally
Cons: * Slight scraping on the lens mount side, but nothing that inhibits locking or sounds like damage
* Release buttons are slightly fiddly to release (but they do work)
* Does not 100% tighten once the release buttons click (but due to the secure release buttons, this is not an issue)
Other Thoughts: This replaces a 75% cheaper and waste of money fully manual extension tube set that fails to permit user-selected aperture (a crucial failure for macros). That one will be headed to the recycle bin.
I tested this AF tube set with three lenses (50/1.8, 28-70/2.8L and 70-200/2.8) and it works fine with all of them. Note that the range of AF is restricted to the usable range of depth of focus. Thus, don't expect to hold it ten feet from the subject and have it AF -- this is simply not within the capabilities of the entire system because for macros, since your depth of focus is best measured in mm, not feet. To AF, move to within the focal range and then tweak your AF as you see fit.
Acceptable shipping time from HK. It took 12 days to get here -- within the window specified on the product page.
This review is from: Lexar JumpDrive Triton 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Model LJDNV64GCRBNA
Pros: * Very fast -- I get up to 115MB/sec which is about as fast as my hard drives manage
* Reliable -- no data loss so far
* Love the retractable connector -- no more stupid caps to lose
Cons: * Needed to be reformatted on arrival; was flaky and wouldn't be recognized in all USB 3.0 ports (but after reformatting, works great)
Other Thoughts: At first I was feeling pretty disappointed due to the initial unreliability, but after the reformat, it's excellent. The speed is unsurpassed, and it's basically like a slow-ish SSD on a stick.
I've been using it daily for over a month, and it works perfectly.
This review is from: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
Pros: Impressive features
Good fitment (no misalignments, etc.)
Built the way boards *used* to be built -- thick and sturdy
100% stable -- no BSODs whatsoever
Win7 did its usual 3x restart after swapping in a new board, but other than that, no issues, no reinstall.
Cons: Minor nit: onboard audio does not have a capture mode. This wouldn't stop me from buying the board, but just so you know...
Other Thoughts: I'm quite impressed with Gigabyte's products. They're putting out some excellent boards, and I'll stick with 'em for all my builds, and recommend them to friends.READ FULL REVIEW