Skip to: | |

Newegg.com - A great place to buy computers, computer parts, electronics, software, accessories, and DVDs online. With great prices, fast shipping, and top-rated customer service - once you know, you Newegg.

If you are reading this message, Please click this link to reload this page.(Do not use your browser's "Refresh" button). Please email us if you're running the latest version of your browser and you still see this message.

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, Laptops, Electronics, HDTVs, Digital Cameras and More!

Home
Home > 
Gene L.'s Profile > 
All Reviews
  • Find Reviews
  • Find

Showing Results: Most Recent

1 out of 5 eggs DOA with a Totally Worthless Customer Service 12/15/2016

This review is from: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P (rev. 2.0) AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Pros: 1. The price is good.
2. There are many slots.

Cons: 1. I purchased two new motherboards. All were DOA. The first had USB and PS/2 problems. As a result, I was stuck on installation screen. The second was totally dead - no posting, just a black screen.
2. The board is very thin. So, it flexes and touches the bottom of the metal case during installation of SATA and power connectors.

Other Thoughts: With the company's terrible quality control and defective products, Gigabyte is becoming another MSI, and Asus. All three are like PC-Chips, they sell low quality and unreliable products which are prone to malfunction. If lucky, the defects will emerge before 30 days. So, the customer can get a full refund from Newegg. If unlucky, the malfunctions come after the 30 days period. Then, he has to deal with the company's customer service. Besides experiencing a long wait for a technician, the agent will try to deny company responsibility by claiming user abuse such as an electrical surge. If the repair return is authorized, the customer has to pay for shipping. After a month wait, the reconditioned item comes back. About 30% is DOA. The other 70% will malfunction within a month. For example, I four times shipped an expensive Asus motherboard back to factory for repairs. By the fifth, the costs approached the purchased price. So, the MB went to the garbage can.

Such has been my experience since 1990 when manufacturers moved their plants to Red China. The irony is that there are no other alternatives. Thy are only three major motherboard makers.

READ FULL REVIEW
MSI MSI Gaming 970 Gaming AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 and SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
  • Verified Owner
  • neweggOwned For: 1 month to 1 year

1 out of 5 eggs Five Boards with 100% Problems 11/27/2015

This review is from: MSI MSI Gaming 970 Gaming AM3+/AM3 AMD 970 and SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

Pros: 1. Beautiful black board with red trim.
2. Highest rated AMD FX based MB on several vendor web sites.
3. Professional evaluations on several publications recommended it as the "best value" among "gaming boards."

Cons: Board #1: Five random shut offs on 3rd day. A few sporadic self rebootings afterward.
Board #2: Non-stop random shut offs ended with a total crash in week 2. NEWEGG quickly replaced it with another board.
Board #3: (REPLACEMENT): Three random shut offs on 2nd day. A few sporadic shutoffs and rebootings afterwards.
Board #4: USB 3.0 went dead.
Board #5: Internet went out on 2nd week. One day later, MB burned up my AMD 8120 CPU and become completely non-functional on 3rd week.

Other Thoughts: Five boards went bad in three weeks - a new record for me! I thought that Asus was bad. MSI is even worse.

READ FULL REVIEW
ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 USB 3.0 HDMI uATX AMD Motherboard
  • neweggOwned For: 1 month to 1 year

Pros: 1. Good price for an Asus brand motherboard.
2. Four memory slots.

Cons: 1. PS/2 port is flaky. It works 50% of the time.
2. During boot, pressing F12 does not work for a majority of the time.
3. The layout is cramped with very little space.
4. Customer Service is bad. The wait time for an agent is usually 45 minutes or more.
5. You pay for mailing DOAs to factory. Repaired motherboard comes back within 30 days and malfunctions within 1-to-to months. The constant shipping back and forth will cost more than the original price of the MB.

Other Thoughts: Quality has gone down significantly when Asus and other motherboard makers switched production to Red China.

READ FULL REVIEW

Gene L.'s Profile

Display Name: Gene L.

Date Joined: 10/09/01

  • Reviews: 28
  • Helpfulness: 4
  • First Review: 02/02/03
  • Last Review: 12/15/16
If the Adobe Reader does not appear when you click on a link for a PDF file, you can download Adobe Reader from the Adobe web site.