Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: (I'm a Cisco network engineer by profession, and a PC + XboxOne gamer. After looking into Lenovo and Asus, decided to go with MSI. Highly recommended.)
1. Aesthetics, beautiful design, aluminum body, lightweight, gorgeous keyboard and HD screen. Sleek lines.
2. What you get for this price is very good. I'm a HC gamer. I own a custom built gaming desktop, but wanted a laptop to play games. Currently playing FIFA14, Path of Exile, and Diablo 3 on highest settings, and no issues. Runs at 60+ FPS, no issues.
3. 128GB SSD + 7200 RPM 750GB HDD is fantastic to have.
4. I thought i wouldn't like Windows8, but it's growing on me.
5. I didn't find too much bloatware to be honest with you. (they can be uninstalled if not needed)
6. SteelSeries keyboard customization engine is RIDICULOUS - how much you can do with is too cool.
7. HD 1920x1080 resolution - BEAUTIFUL screen. I'm used to playing FIFA14 on a 27in. Samsung 1080p monitor, but when I played it on this laptop with the same resolution, it looks like a whole different game. The graphics look more crisp. This GPU is solid.
8. Highly recommend it to someone looking for a gaming laptop. MSI brand has definitely upped their game, major competition to other brands.
Cons: 1. As everyone has mentioned, the mousepad is a "tricky" requires some patience getting used to it. To some it will drive crazy, but an external mouse will solve all.
2. The monitor hinges feel a little weak, but nothing too much to worry about. Hopefully you will constantly move it from place to place.
Other Thoughts: Taking out a single star because of the feel of the keyboard. Don't get me wrong, the SteelSeries keyboard with the backlit functionality is awesome. But coming from a long time ASUS keyboard, the feel of the keys will take me some time to get used.
Overall, an amazing machine, highly recommended.