Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: SteelSeries 62250 SENSEI Wireless Professional Laser Gaming Mouse
Pros: - Arrived very quickly from NewEgg. Mouse came well packaged and undamaged.
- The mouse communicates wirelessly with the base. The base is connected to the computer through 2 M long braided detachable cable. The mouse ‘s internal batter charges when it is placed on the base.
- You can disconnect the cable from the base and connect it directly to the mouse. In such case the mouse is being charged while is being used. The mouse has a locking mechanism that needs to be disengaged before the cable can be disconnected from the mouse.
- The mouse feels fairly heavy and yet very comfortable. It has this “great quality but expensive” look.
- The mouse has 8 buttons that can be remapped pretty much any way a user desires. The mouse is ambidextrous (can be programmed for left-hand user).
- Additionally, the mouse’s configuration controls are very granular for common high end mouse setting such as: sensitivity, acceleration, deceleration, polling rate etc. The mouse even has “lift distance” sensor which allows to control the height at which the mouse quits tracking.
- The base can be set up to display battery status by displaying certain colors. The mouse’s logo can be highlighted with custom colors.
Cons: - Battery is non-replaceable.
- The base is large and it needs to be hardwired to the computer. This mouse is probably better suited for desktops.
- The mouse is high quality, but also expensive.
- The side buttons have very little relief. You don’t know these buttons are even there without looking.
Other Thoughts: - The mouse works well right out of the box. No additional set up is needed. However, “SteelSeried Engine 3” software suite that unlocks mouses’ additional capabilities can be downloaded from Sensei’s website.
- When you experiment with mouse software suite, be sure to create fresh profile for your tests. Once you change the default profile there is no way to return the mouse to the default settings.
- Since this is a wireless mouse with non-removable rechargeable battery, you have three options to charge it: (a) place the mouse on the pad and leave the computer running, (b) ensure the USB port that the mouse is attached to is powered while the computer is in sleep mode. You can then place the mouse on the pad and let the computer go to sleep. (c) Bypass the base and plug the mouse directly to the computer. You can use the mouse while it is being charged.
- You need to use the hardware switch on the bottom of the mouse to turn off the mouse temporarily before you switch the cable from the base to the mouse and vice versa. If you don’t, the mouse will not be recognized until you unplug/plug the US cable or reboot your computer.
- Once you make the decision to purchase the mouse and get over the high price, you will not be disappointed. The mouse is of great quality, very customizable and comfortable. It’s great not only for a gamer but also for a casual or business user as well. This mouse will not disappoint.
Pros: - Burns movies with ImgBurn and Nero.
- No dual layer issues with ImgBurn
- ASUS rebate arrived on time
Cons: - None at this price
Other Thoughts: - I have has a few issues with dual layer DVDs burned with NERO 11 Burning ROM. However, the same movies burned with ImgBurn pay just fine. Which leads me to believe it is not a hardware issue but rather software issue.
- I have not tried to do anything extreme with this drive. I burn single layer BD disks and single and double layer DVDs. For such tasks this drive is excellent
This review is from: HooToo HT-PC002 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 2-Port PCI-E Add-On Expansion Card with Internal USB 3.0 19-Pin Motherboard Male Header & 5V 4-Pin Molex Power Connector (VIA VL800 Chipset, Solid Capacitors)
Pros: - Average transfer speeds of 60 MB/s.
- Consistent speeds.
- internal 19 Pin USB 3.0 header
- 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Works fine
- Shipping time was acceptable.
Cons: - Horrible bracket. I had to bent it to make the bracket fit without leaving a gaping hole in my case. Other option would be to drill a new hole on the side of the bracket
Other Thoughts: I hope the card lasts. This is my first HooToo product.READ FULL REVIEW