Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse - Black
Pros: - Arrived quickly from Newegg. Item was well packaged and arrived undamaged.
- Extra-long braided cord with Velcro strap for cable management.
- Solidly built. The mouse’s frame is made out of metal.
- Left and right sides are powder-coated for extra tactile feedback.
- Sensitivity can be quickly changed by pressing up/down buttons behind the wheel nd further adjusted by software controls.
- 8 programmable buttons, to include “Sniper” button.
- 3 different weight adjustor tuning zones. This allows to precisely adjusting mouse’s center of gravity.
- Macro record function allows you to record a series of keystrokes and assign it to a specific button.
- Very capable gaming mouse.
- Even better office mouse.
Cons: Newest version Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) v. 1.16.42 does not recognize this mouse, which is a shame because newest CUE has tons of additional controls that most gamers would really appreciate. I called customer support and was told to revert to version 1.00.00.11 for support.
Other Thoughts: Once I opened the shipping box, I knew I had quality product in my hands. The mouse is well made, with metal frame and solid feel. In this model (CH-9000113-NA), the Corsair logo does not lit up. The buttons behind the scroll click wheel are factory programmed to control sensitivity with 3 levels (depending on your selection one, two or three blue bars will lit up). Once you install the correct software off Corsair website (the newest version of CUE does not work with this mouse, I used version 1.00.00.11), you have a very granular control over each of the 8 programmable buttons. You can also adjust DPI for each of the three levels, report (response) rate, lift weight. Independent X-Y DPI and Angle Snapping can be turned on and off. The mouse can also perform “surface quality test” to quickly test your mouse pad. While this mouse is marketed as gaming mouse, I find the programmable buttons very useful in office environment. The buttons can be programmed to perform several commands such as Copy, Paste, Cut, Select All, Find, New, Print and Save as well as Close Window, Lock PC, Open Explorer, Run, Show Desktop and Launch Program. The mouse also has a Macro function allowing for recording a series of keystrokes and assigning them to any button. While you can only create one hardware profile, it is possible to create multiple software profiles for your mouse. Useful, when you switch between work, gaming etc.
I have used this mouse for close to a month and I am very happy to have it. I use it on my main computer and have experienced no problems.
This review is from: Thinklux TKUCA35S01-4.5W-850-E12 40 Watts Equivalent LED Light Bulb
Pros: - Very bright white light.
- Light up instantly.
- Very low power use.
- No mercury (as opposed to CFG lights).
Cons: - Very tall. Great for candelabra. Not so for many fixtures with small E12 sockets.
- This is fairly new technology as far as mass market. Reliability is unknown.
- Still much more expensive than regular bulbs.
Other Thoughts: My family immediately noticed the different type of light emanating from these bulbs. My family was dim and poorly lit with 6 incandescent bulbs (40 W). Not with these bulbs. They are bright and powerful. Initially, I though they are too bright. However, you will get used to them. I am slowly replacing all the lights around the house with LEDs. I never get complaints anymore from the wife that the lights are inadequate.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: - Fast shipping from Newegg.
- Nice looking.
- Power supply and USB cable included.
Cons: - Plasticky.
- Vibrates when the HD starts spinning.
- Power switch feels flimsy.
Other Thoughts: I wanted to turn a 3.5 HD from an old failed PC (motherboard issue) into an external HD. This product fits the bill perfectly.
Its not without issues (vibrations), but it does its job nicely.