Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: Full HD Thinkware Inavi FXD700 Mach Car Black Box Recorder, Full HD (1080p@30fps), G Sensor, GPS Tracking, 16GB SD Card Included, English Firmware and Manual. #1 selling Car Blackbox in Korea.
Pros: - Excellent video quality, day and night.
- Camera has very wide viewing angle.
- Nice mounting system.
Cons: - Annoying voice greeting when unit powers on that you cannot disable.
- Takes a long 30 seconds to boot up and start recording, so you wither wait for it or miss the first 20-25 seconds of your journey.
- No display... more of a gripe I guess. Even a tiny 1.5 inch display would be helpful for aiming and to know for sure it is recording.
Other Thoughts: I roginally bought this from another Newegg Marketplace seller. The camera worked great for a few months and then it just died. I contacted the seller and arranged an RMA. They replaced it and the new one is working fine.
I am considering buying another one of these units if this one lasts. I really like the mounting system, I can put it in front of my rear view mirror and not even see it so it doesn't obstruct my view of the road.
I've been very happy with this recorder, I just wish I could turn off the annoying greeting at power up, and it would be nice if it had a small display. Otherwise, as long as this replacement lasts, it will have been an excellent investment.
I would rate this 5 eggs, but the voice greeting is so annoying that is worth an egg alone. Not to mention the fact the unit died after a few months... hopefully that was just a fluke and this replacement will last a long time.
Pros: Excellent video quality & wide angle view.
Cons: Annoying greeting when powering on the unit, cannot turn this off.
Unit died after about 1.3 months of use.
Other Thoughts: This is a follow-up from my previous review.
The manufacture did respond but was unable to help me. The support is based in Korea so English was poor, this was a barrier and really prevented me from explaining my problem to them.
The unit died on me after about 1.3 months of use. Just before it died completely it would power on with solid green LED's but never start recording. I unplugged it and plugged it back in two or three times, same thing... When I got home I put the memory card in my computer and everything was there, except the last journey where it wouldn't power up. I tried formatting the memory card which didn't help. I tried the "initialize" which resets the configuration to default,didn't help. I tried the little reset button on the unit itself, no help. I tried changing the fuse in the power cord, didn't help. I tried a different memory card, didn't help... so it appears the unit is dead because it will not power on.
I am contacting the seller in hopes they can repair it, or replace it with a new one. I really like the unit overall so I hope they come through.
Pros: - Great quality video, night time video is good too.
- Excellent viewing angle, very wide view.
- Nice mounting solution, easy to mount and dismount the camera. Comes with two mounts so you can use in two vehicles.
Cons: - Only has one power cable despite having two mounts for two vehicles. Would like another power cable.
- Takes about 30 seconds to boot up and start recording after starting car. By then have already lost 20 or so seconds of your initial journey.
- Very annoying (and loud) voice comes on every time you power up and power down the camera. Cannot turn it off it appears.
- The PC viewer software, at least on my system, doesn't display video during playback. I can play the videos in Windows Media or any other third party video player, but it doesn't work in their own viewer software.
- Some other functions in their PC viewer software doesn't work on my system. I cannot save videos, although i'm not sure what the advantage of this would be. I was hoping it would add the speed and location map to the video.
- Speed from GPS is not included in the recorded video.
- Would be nice to have option to save map to video using the PC viewer software (maybe it already does, don't know because the save function doesn't work).
Other Thoughts: Despite all these cons i'm still happy with the camera. However their PC viewer software is just about useless. I've sent an email to the manufacture and am hoping to get some help, but we shall see.
The camera itself is very nice and seems well built. I hope it lasts the journey. I'll post another review later to report how it is doing and if I got help from the manufacture or not.
I could upload a sample video but there are already a few of them on Youtube.