Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Great quality video, night time video is good too.
- Excellent viewing angle, very wide view.
- Nice mounting solution, easy to mount and dismount the camera. Comes with two mounts so you can use in two vehicles.
Cons: - Only has one power cable despite having two mounts for two vehicles. Would like another power cable.
- Takes about 30 seconds to boot up and start recording after starting car. By then have already lost 20 or so seconds of your initial journey.
- Very annoying (and loud) voice comes on every time you power up and power down the camera. Cannot turn it off it appears.
- The PC viewer software, at least on my system, doesn't display video during playback. I can play the videos in Windows Media or any other third party video player, but it doesn't work in their own viewer software.
- Some other functions in their PC viewer software doesn't work on my system. I cannot save videos, although i'm not sure what the advantage of this would be. I was hoping it would add the speed and location map to the video.
- Speed from GPS is not included in the recorded video.
- Would be nice to have option to save map to video using the PC viewer software (maybe it already does, don't know because the save function doesn't work).
Other Thoughts: Despite all these cons i'm still happy with the camera. However their PC viewer software is just about useless. I've sent an email to the manufacture and am hoping to get some help, but we shall see.
The camera itself is very nice and seems well built. I hope it lasts the journey. I'll post another review later to report how it is doing and if I got help from the manufacture or not.
I could upload a sample video but there are already a few of them on Youtube.
Pros: - Low price.
- Excellent image quality after switching to highest bitrate for MP4 video and 60 fps.
- Rotate and swivel display is nice feature.
- Image Stabilization (IS) is great.
- Nice zoom amount. Digital zoom isn't overbearing and is subtle.
- Battery life indicator seems to be very accurate.
Cons: - Lens cover is not electronically controlled, wish it was because I sometimes forget to close it.
- Viewing angle on display isn't that great. It's a TN panel, wish they had used an IPS or OLED display.
- The rotating and swivel display feels a bit low quality, like it could break with little force.
- Doesn't auto power off when plugged into computer, even when there is no file copy operations and the camera is idle. I hope they add this capability in a firmware update.
Other Thoughts: I decided to buy another Canon camera because they treated me well on a previous camera of theirs. After three years said camera started having CCD problems and took bad pictures. I sent it into them for warranty repair and they fixed that plus another issue I didn't ask them to and had it back to me in less than a week. I can only hope I will get this level of service again should something go wrong with this camera.
So far i'm really happy with the camera. I am still learning all its features and functions. I'll post another review in a couple months after I get more acquainted.
It is my opinion that touchscreens for these cameras are a bit of an annoyance. Sure some things its nice, but I would just prefer an old fashioned dial to switch between shooting modes. I find trying to find the desired mode and setting to be at times cumbersome and slow with the touchscreen.
Pros: - Added into my RAID-5 array with no problems on my HighPoint RocketRaid 2320
Cons: - Price seemed a bit high but sometimes you get what you pay for
Other Thoughts: - I have a RAID-5 array with eight 1 TB drives... well, now seven. It has been running for almost five years now. One of my drives died so rather than rummaging for 1 TB drives I figured I would upgrade to larger drives and eventually expand my storage. I added this 3 TB in but 2 TB is going to waste at the moment. I will buy three more soon and will be able to do OCE and remove the 1 TB drives. Then I have more expansion space... Yay!READ FULL REVIEW