Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: EVGA 500 W1 100-W1-0500-KR 80+ WHITE 500W Power Supply
Pros: I bought this to replace a PS in a mid-size tower used for a media server and for some gaming.
Cons: The 3 molex connectors are on a single cable and unfortunately it's about 8 inches too short to reach both the ATAPI DVD (near the top front of the case) and the USB3.0 add-on card in the PCI Expressx1 slot power connector (in the lower half of the case toward the back, under the gfx card)
Other Thoughts: For PCs that have certain cabling / connector needs, a modular supply may be a better option.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: I purchased this to replace an older model logitech wireless keyboard and mouse that had terrible range (less than 10 feet). I needed something that would with a home theater system where the user sits approximately 12 feet from the screen and computer.
- Keyboard is lightweight
- Keys have good response
- On/off switches help save battery life on the keyboard and mouse
- Fantastic battery life even if left on
- Mouse range seems good (easily over 15 feet)
Cons: Unfortunately, they keyboard range is a bit lower. It usually seems to work fine out to about 12 feet, but once in a while it seems to drop out, and the only solution I've found is to move a few feet closer to the computer to regain response. I'd say the keyboard range is solid up to about 10 feet, but in the 10-12 foot range, it starts becoming a bit more unstable. It doesn't work very well past 15 feet. Its possible that there is some kind of interference affecting this, but this is in a basement room of a home without any significant RF sources besides the TV, stereo and stereo that are placed well away from the computer and the user.
Other Thoughts: I recommend this keyboard and mouse combo for anyone looking for wireless versions with a max range of up to 10 to 12 feet. For longer ranges, I would look for something else.READ FULL REVIEW
Pros: I bought this to replace my previous laptop (also a Toshiba) that finally stopped working after 7 years of heavy use. Things I like about this model are:
- Good performance
- Large screen
- Good battery life
- Decent keyboard response
- Runs relatively cool, even while gaming
Cons: The main drawbacks I've found are:
- Windows 8. (I've since upgraded to 8.1, but I still dislike this OS version)
- No touch screen (Having this might have made the default Win8 install more tolerable)
- Touchpad sometimes stops working (suspect this might be related to ESD)
- Wish the power cable plugged into the back instead of the side. With the current position, this leads to situations where it can easily strike an arm rest, possibly dislodging cord or breaking the connector.
Other Thoughts: This laptop offers good performance for a relatively low price.READ FULL REVIEW