Showing Results: Most Recent
This review is from: ROCCAT ROC-12-701 ISKU Keyboard
Pros: - Nice blue backlight (but see cons!)
- Medium height keys like the Sidewinder x4
- Many profiles for macros
- Wrist-wrest is very nice
- Keys are quieter than the x4
Cons: - The blue LEDs composing the backlight are poorly placed. If you are hovering over the keyboard from above, it looks excellent. However, once the keyboard is set up in front of you and you are looking down at it at an angle, a lot of the keys appear to only be half-illuminated due to the design of how the LEDs diffuse their light
- If the backlight is off, it is extremely hard to see the letters on the keyboard (not important for me, but a heads up to those who aren't touch-typists and have to see the keyboard)
- Multimedia buttons don't have a backlight! Using them in the dark is impossible, you will have to turn on a nearby light or memorize the order of the buttons
- Build quality could be better.. it feels cheaper and lighter than a Sidewinder x4, which shouldn't be the case given the premium price of this keyboard
- The T1 T2 and T3 thumb buttons have different clicking sounds (T1 is louder than T2, which is louder than T3), though this is getting really nitpicky.
Other Thoughts: Roccat ought to tell its engineers to go back to the drawing board on this one, and take a note from Microsoft on LED placement and backlit media buttons. For the price premium of this keyboard, some of these flaws should not exist!
I wouldn't recommend this keyboard unless the pros I've listed outweigh any potential cons you may have.
This review is my initial impression of the keyboard, I'll definitely revise in the future as warranted. I'll be using this keyboard in FPS games like BF3 and Tribes: Ascend, and RPGs like Diablo 3, and I'll report back on how good the key rollover is compared to the x4. So far this impulse buy was a bad buy, and I'm beginning to have second thoughts. No promo shirt can fix this!
This review is from: NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan Black Steel / Plastic Gaming mATX Computer Case
Pros: Excellent case. Mesh really makes it breathe, temperatures are slightly cooler than when my components were in the CM Storm Scout, a much larger case with more room for airflow. Extremely lightweight, great for a lan rig, though I question how study the handle is relative to the CM Storm Scout. I still use two hands to carry this thing.
Cons: The orange LEDs, you either hate them or love them. I was aiming for a blue/white/black build, but the orange LEDs mess it up. Still trying to find tutorials on how to replace the orange LEDs. Would also be nice if NZXT sold the same fans, but with different colored LEDs.
The 200mm side panel fan will only accomodate the NZXT branded fan. Other fans are slightly off on the screw-holes.
Handle could be a bit sturdier. Takes a lot of faith to trust four short screws..
This review is from: Battlefield 3 Limited Edition PC Game
Pros: Excellent game, most bugs have been fixed, weapons have been balanced fairly well.
Cons: Recently Punkbuster has been having problems, so many users are getting kicked from servers despite not running any hacks. I believe Dice/EA said this would be resolved by the weekend.
Initially wasn't a fan of Origin nor Battlelog, but it's grown on me. The lack of in-game menus for multi/campaign/co-op is still weird.
Display Name: Erik W.
Date Joined: 01/09/08
Some manufacturers place restrictions on how details of their products may be communicated.