Showing Results: Most Recent
Pros: - Decent sound and a water resistant sport headphone for good price
- Good range so I can listen to music without having to carry phone around while moving around my apartment.
- Eliminates the need for wires while working out, which is fantastic.
- Multiple sized adjustable buds for tailored fit.
- Good battery life, allowing for multiple hours of music listening during workouts or other activities. Not quite the 8 hours advertised, but variation from the "perfect" conditions is to be expected.
Cons: - Initial pairing was a bit problematic. My headset requires the sync button to be pressed for about 10 seconds, while the instruction manual says press button for 5 seconds. This made me think it was DOA at first.
- Microphone is not that great. Seems to pick up a lot of static when used for voice on both computer and phone based calls according to person on other end.
- Button positioning isn't the greatest. It has three small unlabeled buttons closely grouped on the underside which makes it difficult to use without unseating a bud or taking off the headset, especially while running.
Other Thoughts: - Although its a sport model, for me the headphones tend to bounce on the back of my head while running, eventually working themselves out of position in my ears. Since this has happened with other headphones I have owned as well, I can't really count it as a con of the product itself but rather the activity paired with bud type inter-ear headphones. Still I think it is important to consider.
- Has a custom charging port instead of a standard USB type, so wire clutter is increased and replacements may be hard to acquire should it be lost or broken, especially in the future when this model is no longer available.
- The charging port has two metal contacts which can become coated with grime or sweat from heavy activity. This may make it charge slowly or not at all. Use a q-tip with rubbing alcohol to clean the metal contacts on both the charging cable (while not plugged in of course) and the headset to return it to normal operation. I would also imagine sweat could corrode the contacts, eventually making the headset no longer able to charge, so keeping clean is important.
Pros: - Compatible with my tablet (Nexus 7), phone (Galaxy Nexus) and Windows 7/Linux (Kubuntu) machines.
- Good sound quality for the price point.
- Has wide enough range to enjoy media without being tethered to one spot.
- Microphone seems decent enough for teleconferencing
- Buttons are in convenient locations
- Uses same type charging cable as my phone and tablet (micro usb), so there is no need for additional cables cluttering up my workspace.
- So far battery life seems to be acceptable.
Cons: The headset would not connect 'out of the plastic bag'. Found that it needed to be reset before it could be discoverable again. Since (for me at least) it did not come with any instructions and I was unable to locate any online, it took a while to get working (see Other thoughts). Since each device has its own method of doing things, having some documentation is vital. Before locating the correct method, I spent some time holding down buttons for n-seconds. Because of this I subtracted one egg.
Other Thoughts: Luckily I found a review on another site which mentioned how to reset the headset so that it would work. If the headset is not discoverable and the power button is blinking green slowly, it needs to be reset. To reset the headset, hold down both the mic mute button and the volume up button for a few seconds. Once this was done, the power light began to blink green more rapidly and it instantly became visible to my computers and mobile devices. From that point on it has performed flawlessly.READ FULL REVIEW
This review is from: Optical Quantum 25GB 4X BD-R 25 Packs Logo Top Blu-ray Disc Model OQBDR04LT-25
Pros: Price and quality
Cons: None so far
Other Thoughts: I bought my first BD Drive/Burner about 6 months ago due to needing a high capacity backup option. The price of BD media is a bit restrictive, and I hesitantly purchased this as the lowest cost option. Well worth it! Ive now purchased 3 25 packs and 3 10packs when they were cheaper than the 25. To date I've had only 1 coaster, which I suspect was not due to drive or actual media. For those with high failure rates, I'd consider a different burning ROM or check your write speed. When factoring in the cost of BD media, taking a bit longer to burn while improving the chances of a successful burn and less headaches has been worth the wait.READ FULL REVIEW