The Series 6 family of high-performance Adaptec Unified Serial (SATA/SAS) RAID controllers offers maximum performance, scalability and flexibility. With the enhanced bandwidth of its 6 Gb/s SAS2.0 interfaces and the PCIe Gen2 host connection it offers up to 60% higher sustained sequential throughput than previous generation controllers.
Based on PMC-Sierra's market-leading, multi-core SRC 8x6G RAID-on-Chip (RoC) the Adaptec RAID 6405 can deliver up to 2 GB/s sustained data transfer rate to the host. Peak performance is up to 4.8GB/s through the SAS 2.0 interfaces and 4.0GB/s through the PCIe Gen2 host interface. Using SAS expanders, it can connect up to 256 SATA/SAS.
The Adaptec RAID 6405 supports a broad range of operating systems, compatibility with more than 300 third-party devices, and full integration with Adaptec Storage Manager for centralized management of all Adaptec RAID controllers on the network.
- Support Up to 256 SATA and/or SAS Devices Using SAS ExpandersThe Adaptec RAID 6405 controller card features hot-pluggable, SATA-compatible SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) ports to provide up to 6Gb/s data transfer rates for optimum performance, efficiency, convenience and flexibility.
- Unrivaled PerformanceEquipped with PMC-Sierra PM8013 Dual Core RAID on Chip (ROC) and 512MB DDR2 667MHz cache memory, the Adaptec RAID 6405 controller card delivers the exceptional server RAID IOPS and bandwidth, perfect for bandwidth intensive storage applications such as NAS, OLTP servers, web servers, and digital surveillance.
- RAID SupportThe Adaptec RAID 6405 controller card supports multi-level RAID configuration including RAID 0, 1, 1E, 5, 5EE, 6, 10, 50, 60, JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security and flexible capacity upgrades. It also support HDD+SSD hybrid RAID for further enhanced performance. (Expander is necessary for Level 50, 60.)
- Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection Kit OptionAdaptec Series-6 is the industry's first Unified Serial RAID controller which offers Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection that eliminates Battery backup Units (BBUs) in favor of 4GB of NAND flash memory to protect cached data and eliminate the installation, monitoring, maintenance, disposal and replacement costs associated with BBUs. Available as a separate Kit: Adaptec Flash Module 600.
- Intelligent Power ManagementAdaptec Intelligent Power Management slashes storage power and cooling costs by spinning down idle disks and providing a lower power mode for active disks.
- PCI Express 2.0 x8 InterfaceThe Adaptec RAID 6405 controller card features the PCI Express 2.0 x8 interface which provides sufficient throughput and full-duplex operation for enhanced performance.