ASUS delivers dual core compatibility at an accessible price. The A8V-E SE is a Socket 939 mobo that will accept Athlon 64, 64FX and 64 X2 processors. AMD's Cool'n'Quiet technology adjusts CPU frequency and voltage to keep your system running as efficiently as possible. When you combine this with up to 4GB of DDR-400 memory, you can build a powerful system for home or office use.
Expansion options are virtually unlimited with 3 PCI, 2 PCI-e x1 and 1 PCI-e x16 slots. Onboard Gigabit ethernet and Realtek ALC850 8 channel audio with a COAX S/PDIF out. The 4 USB 2.0 ports let you connect external devices with ease.
Adjusting your BIOS is no longer a cause for trepidation. The CrashFree BIOS2 lets you restore your BIOS from the recovery CD. Updates are just as easy with EZ Flash, you no longer need a DOS boot disk to do the job, since you can do the updates directly from the setup menu. Asus continues to develop a wide selection of solutions for almost every computing need!
- VIA K8T890+VT8237R ChipsetDesigned to fully meet increased demands on system bandwidth, the VIA K8T890 features optimized support for the latest generation PCI Express graphics cards, Gigabit Ethernet and HDTV tuner cards as well as Hyper8 technology to exploit full performance potential of AMD platforms.
- Serial ATA with RAIDThe revolutionary Serial ATA interface provides scalable performance for storage devices. SATA technology enables easy-to-install, high-performance and low-power hard drives. Two SATA ports support RAID 0, 1 and JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security, or flexible capacity upgrades.
- PCI Express x16 Graphics InterfaceThe latest PCI Express x16 graphics interface delivers over 3.5 times the bandwidth of AGP 8X to support the latest high-performance graphics cards.
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2With ASUS CrashFree BIOS 2, recover the motherboard BIOS through a support CD which contains the BIOS auto-recovery function when the bootable disk is not available.
- Coaxial S/PDIF outFeaturing a coaxial S/PDIF-out (SONY-PHILIPS Digital Interface) jack for digital audio output, the ASUS A8V-E SE motherboard provides convenient connectivity to external home theater audio systems while keeping the best signal quality without converting to the analog format.
- C.P.R. (CPU Parameter Recall)With ASUS C.P.R technology, simply restart your system when an overclocking failure occurs. The BIOS will show the previous setting, so you needn’t open the case to clear CMOS data.