A straightforward and stable motherboard for the enthusiast or first time builder, the Asus A8V-VM SE is great for anyone wanting to build a system or upgrade their motherboard. Designed for the small form factor case, it will easily fit into most small desktop configurations. With an AMD socket 939, suitable for Athlon 64, Sempron or Opteron processors, the A8V-VM SE is more than capable of taking care of your needs.
Using the VIA K8M890 chipset, with integrated graphics, and up to 2GB's of DDR memory, the A8V-VM SE is perfect for those that don't need a discrete graphics card. Hear crystal-clear quality from all your audio, too - MP3 playback, home theater, advanced gaming, VOIP and more, and never worry - SoundMAX high-definition audio is there to enhance your experience!
It also includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, onboard 5.1 channel sound, and 2 SATA ports, so you can add multiple hard drives to the system -- the A8V-VM SE supports RAID 0, and 1. The A8V-VM SE has multiple expansion slots to use, including one x16, and one x1 PCIe slots, and two additional PCI slots. Build a powerful system on the Asus A8V-VM SE; you're getting a great start!
- AMD ProcessorThe A8V-VM SE Supports AMD Athlon64 and AMD Sempron processors: The AMD Athlon 64 processor is based on AMD64 technology, which represents the landmark introduction of the industry's first x86-64 technology. The AMD Sempron is designed to give everyday computing compelling performance at an incredible value.
- VIA K8M890+VT8237A ChipsetThe VIA K8M890 incorporates the VIA Chrome9 IGP (integrated graphics processor) to deliver DirectX 9 graphics with hardware pixel shaders and extensive support for high definition video. Integrating support for the latest PCI Express graphics cards and high speed peripheral devices with the VT8237A south bridge for HD audio, fast networking and advanced storage makes this AMD an amazing multimedia powerhouse.
- PCI Express x16 Graphics InterfaceThe latest PCI Express x16 graphics interface delivers over 3.5 times the bandwidth of AGP 8X to support the latest high-performance graphics cards.
- Serial ATA with RAIDThe revolutionary Serial ATA interface provides scalable performance for storage devices. SATA technology enables easy-to-install, high-performance and low-power hard drives. Two SATA ports support RAID 0 and 1 for better performance and enhanced data security.
- ASUS EZ FlashWith ASUS EZ Flash, you can update BIOS directly from the BIOS setup menu. No more DOS-based flash utility and bootable diskette required.