Asus's ROG (Republic of Gamers) series motherboards have an unparalleled reputation within the overclocking community and their Crosshair IV Extreme for AMD is no exception. Based on AMD’s top 890FX chipset, this ATX board is ready to host 6-core Phenom II processors for ultimate performance.
Enjoy up to 5.2GT/s HyperTransport 3.0 system bus and maximum 16GB DDR3 2000(O.C.) memory in dual-channel configuration, as well as the next generation data transfer technologies – USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s. Five PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slots supporting ATI CrossFireX and CrossLinx 3 Technology provide jaw-dropping graphics at a level you have never seen.
The Republic of Gamers consists only the best of the best - the best hardware engineering, the fastest performance and the most innovating ideas. Get ready to drive your system to the limit with Asus’s Crosshair IV Extreme!
- AMD Phenom II X6 SupportThe Asus Crosshair IV Extreme supports AMD AM3 Phenom II, Athlon II, Sempron 100 Series processors with support for up to 5200MT/s HyperTransport 3.0 (HT 3.0) system bus speed and dual-channel DDR3 memory (2000(O.C.)/1600/1333/1066 MHz), providing unprecedented computing power to match the performance levels you are looking for.
- Multi-GPU TechnologyATI CrossFireX boosts image quality along with rendering speed, eliminating the need to scale down screen resolution to get high quality images. CrossFireX allows higher anti-aliasing, anisotropic filtering, shading, and texture settings. Lucid Hydra CrossLinx 3 makes it possible to combine multi-GPU graphics cards from any generation and vendor on the same motherboard giving PC users greater flexibility and enabling vastly increased performance, free of compatibility limitations.
- Future Transfer TechnologyRevolutionary SuperSpeed USB 3.0 technology delivers up to 5Gbps bandwidth, which is 10x faster than USB 2.0 and boosts data transfer rate between PC and USB devices. Next-generation SATA Revision 3.0 interface provides up to 6Gb/s data transfer rates for enhanced performance, efficiency, convenience and flexibility.
- ROG ConnectROG Connect lets you monitor the status of your desktop PC and tweak its parameters in real-time via a notebook. It links your main system to a notebook through a USB cable, allowing you to view real-time POST code and hardware status readouts on your notebook, as well as make on-the-fly parameter adjustments at a purely hardware level.
- RC BluetoothRC Bluetooth brings you a whole new way to overclock! With a simple push of the button from the Back I/O on the RC Bluetooth card, overclockers can real-time monitor the desktop PC system status and tweak its parameters - such as voltages and frequency on the fly. When users want to use ordinary Bluetooth functions, just simply push the button once again & enjoy all the wireless convenience brought from RC Bluetooth.
- USB BIOS FlashbackUSB BIOS Flashback allows overclockers to try their BIOS in the simplest way one can imagine. No need to enter the BIOS or the operating system, just plug the thumb drive into the ROG Connect port and push the ROG Connect button for 2 seconds, BIOS would be automatically flashed under standby power. It's no doubt that USB BIOS Flashback gives overclockers the ultimate convenience!