The Republic of Gamers consists only the best of the best. ASUS offers the best hardware engineering, the fastest performance, the most innovating ideas, and welcomes the best gamers to join in. In the Republic of Gamers, mercy rules are only for the weak, and bragging rights means everything.
The Crosshair V Formula based on AMD 990FX/SB950 chipsets is not only the first ROG motherboard with AM3+ CPU support, but it is also the first AMD motherboard to support both 3-Way NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX as well as offering an advanced UEFI BIOS and DIGI+ VRM design. A wide array of advanced ROG overclocking tools are on hand too, while onboard SupremeFX X-Fi 2 delivers the most intense and immersive gaming audio experience. Six native SATA 6Gb/s ports and total six USB 3.0 ports ensure your latest SSDs and peripherals can enjoy the high speed connectivity for optimal performance. Better still, high-performance Intel Ethernet with GameFirst technology creates a LAN connection that is fast enough to keep up with the pace of modern multiplayer gaming over an internet connection that is also used being used for other online tasks.
- AMD 990FX ChipsetThe Crosshair V Formula supports the upcoming AMD FX AM3+ multi-core processors with up to 8 native CPU cores and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features AMD Turbo CORE Technology 2.0 and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport 3.0 based system bus. This motherboard supports AMD AM3 Phenom II/Athlon II/Sempron 100 series processors and AMD AM3+ CPUs in the new 32nm manufacturing process.
- 3-way SLI/CrossFireX On-DemandThe ROG Crosshair V Formula enables you to run either SLI or CrossFireX multi-GPU setups. With SLI/CrossFireX on Demand technology and 3 x PCIe 2.0 x16 slots (dual x16 or x16, x8, x8) available, whichever path you take, you can be assured of jaw-dropping graphics at a level previously unseen.
- SupremeFX X-Fi 2SupremeFX X-Fi 2 delivers incredible gaming audio experiences to ROG die hards. It features EAX 5.0 and OpenAL for ultra-real cinematic in-game audio. It even comes with THX TruStudio PRO branding, which makes games, music and movies sound way better! SupremeFX X-Fi 2 also implements gold-plated jacks and high quality capacitors to ensure high definition adventures in audio.
- Extreme Engine Digi+Extreme Engine Digi+ equipped with high performance digital VRM design can easily achieve the ultimate performance with adjustable CPU PWM frequency. It expedites heat dissipation and achieves better electric conduction keeping critical components reliable. Extreme Engine Digi+ balances the need for voltage and the desire for rock solid performance to bring the ultimate user experience.
- ROG Connect - Tweak it the hardcore wayMonitor the status of your desktop PC and tweak its parameters in real-time via a notebook—just like a race car engineer—with ROG Connect. ROG Connect links your main system to a notebook through a USB cable, allowing you to view real-time POST code and hardware status readouts on your notebook, as well as make on-the-fly parameter adjustments at a purely hardware level.
- GPU.DIMM PostEasily check the status of your graphics cards and memory in the BIOS! Notice potential problems even before you enter the OS! Overclockers can save valuable minutes in detecting component failure under extreme conditions. With GPU.DIMM Post, quickly and easily check your graphics cards and memory DIMMs status in the BIOS, potentially keeping that record-breaking overclock!