Got Game? Then the ASUS Crosshair is the system board for you. Sporting an AM2 socket that supports the AMD Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX, Athlon 64, and Sempron processors and 4 DIMM slots that will take up to 8GB of DDR2 800 memory this board will handle whatever you throw at it. The 2 PCI-E x16 slots will handle 2 identical NVIDIA SLI capable video cards at full x16 speed. Dual Gigabit LAN controllers support NVIDIA DualNet technology.
The SupremeFX and Array Microphone are designed to give you crystal clear sound with no buzzing or noise when talking with your teammates online. The DTS Connect feature re-codes your stereo or multi-channel sound into a DTS audio signal and sends it out from your PC to any DTS enabled system.
In order to get you up and gaming faster ASUS built a number of handy features into the board such as EL I/O which lights up your back panel connections, on-board LEDs to help you setup without using a flashlight, an LCD Poster to let you know of any errors during post and an on-board switch to make overclocking and other system adjustments easier.
- NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ChipsetThe NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI chipsets are engineered for enthusiasts to deliver outstanding gaming experiences with two SLI-based full-bandwidth PCI Express x16 links for unrestricted graphics performance and NVIDIA LinkBoost technology automatically delivering additional GPU and MCP bandwidth. Take advantage of NVIDIA FirstPacket technology to prioritize gaming traffic for reduced ping times. Other advanced features include SATA 3Gb/s RAID, dual Gigabit LAN and High Definition Audio.
- AMD LIVE! ReadyDeveloped for full-featured consumer multimedia desktop and notebook PCs, AMD LIVE! seamlessly connects, stores, distributes, accesses and enables digital media content in multiple rooms throughout the home and even on the go!
- 8 Phase Power DesignThe ASUS 8-Phase Power Design protects the CPU and power module from the risk of excessively high power stress to greatly extend CPU lifetime and system stability. The highly-efficient design also generates less heat to ensure low ambient temperatures, while the vigorous power pump delivers serious overclocking potential.
- LCD Notice BoardThe LCD Notice Board automatically detects device failures and posts physical system errors during POST (Power-on Self-Test) when system malfunctions occur.
- Onboard LEDsThe on-board LEDs illuminate brilliantly for eye-catching fun.
- Onboard SwitchWith onboard switches, power on or reset the system without installing the motherboard into the case, shorting the pins or moving jumpers for fast bench testing.