Make informed decisions with expert advice. Learn More
Pros: - Hits 2136 Mhz Air Cooled
- Over 25k graphics score fire strike
- Runs at about 70C on load
- No Coil Whine
- RGB WITH Lighting effects
- 2 HDMI ports
Cons: - Made my gf #2 in my life
Overall Review: People are probably trying to overclock with GPU tweak and trying to reach whatever GPU Tweak is telling them is the Boost on the card without actually running heaven and observing boost clock in heaven/firestrike.
Doing this they will probably realize that they are in fact hitting over 2Ghz easy with this card and are actually trying to push it to 2.1-2.15
Pros: - Runs pretty much any game at ultra settings @ 1440p
- Max temp my card has hit is 69 C° after testing out several games & running numerous benchmarks
- This is just cosmetic, but I love the way the card looks. i have red LED's in my case & this makes it look that much better
- With GPU tweak II in OC mode I hit 2088 mhz
Cons: - Let's be real, the price is HIGH
- Availability as of 7/2/16
Overall Review: - I highly recommend this card if you are gaming @ 1440 or higher
Pros: - Easy install
- Looks great
- All games run on the highest settings without breaking a sweat
- VERY quiet
Played witcher, ARK, BF4, bunch of other games like total war series and shadow or mordor. It all looks amazing.
Cons: I can sing praises all day about this card, but it's only fair to list at least one con which in my opinion isn't very concerning. The card is very large, so i would say make sure you definitely have the room for it.
Overall Review: I definitely recommend this for any gamer. I was playing with a 660 Ti and upgraded to this beast, I couldn't even play ark on the lowest settings, no everything is set to EPIC and not once have I had screen tearing. It's the same story with my other games.
Pros: - Blazingly fast, paired with an ASUS PG279Q 2k ROG G-Sync 27" monitor is pure gaming bliss!
- Runs cool and quiet, with no coil whine, for such a powerful GPU
- Tweak II software makes overclocking a breeze, love how ASUS software keeps track of and notifies you the instant updates are available
Cons: - Price, but you knew that already :-)
- Had to do a small case mode, had to grind off a bit of the clips that holds the card's back plate to allow them to lock in place as the small tabs on the clips were hitting the back plate. Good old Dremel tool to the rescue.
Overall Review: The Aura led lighting is nice but not really my thing, will only have it on when showing PC to others
Pros: Works great so far. I made a big move up from an alienware gaming laptop to a custom desktop, so the results were quite shocking to me.
I was a little skeptical after seeing people with issues overheating, loud fans, one catching fire and also problems with the included GPU Tweak II software. I also ordered an EVGA 1080 SUPERCHARGED but decided to sell it and use this one instead. I am so happy I did, because I was very close to selling this card instead due to the reviews I was seeing.
I installed on a new build i7 6950x Windows 10 PC with all the latest drivers. Using the simple 1 click OC mode in the ASUS GPU Tweak II software, it works great. Over 2060 Mhz around 65-75c . Scored a 19,238 on 3DMARK FireStrike in OC mode if that means anything. Fans also seem very very quiet to me compared to what my laptop sounds like when things get stressed.
Cons: Nothing yet.
Pros: - Out of the box, card is boosting to 2000-2025 while load temps remain ~72.
- Quiet operation with default fan curve.
- Sleek looking design. Unit looks as if it was chiseled from stone.
- RGB Lighting can be tweaked to match your color scheme.
- Dual HDMI connection for VR enthusiasts.
Cons: - Asus GPU Tweak is only OK. Everyone should be using MSI Afterburner.
- Make sure you have sufficient space in your case. Card is a bit lengthy.
Overall Review: The STRIX is exactly what I was looking for and is highly recommended. Some people may have had an issue or two, but this is true with any GPU manufacturer.
Pros: - This thing is a beast. Firestrike score of 23,500 at 2,050 MHz with a simple click of the OC mode.
- Maybe i hit the lottery or just got lucky, but the card has not seen temps higher than 71C and usually sits right around 66-69C. This is running 2k 144hz; DOOM on Ultra and Overwatch on Epic. Going to try out Tomb Raider soon enough.
- I haven't seen the need to really mess with the manual OC or fan curve yet because its running everything i throw at it. Also because it hasn't hit high temps, i haven't experience the fan noise some people have been complaining about. I probably will try to OC it at some point or try putting it through some more benchmarking to see what happens.
- RGB is beautiful, i like how you can adjust the brightness (the deep/dark red goes perfect with my setup). Some cool Aura settings to play with.
Cons: - None
- Maybe fancier packing for a $680 card?
- It looks like Newegg has it listed for $720 now, if thats the case, its still well worth it, but it seems like price gouging...why keep raising the price
Overall Review: - Right now i really can't complain about anything. The only thing i might note is that it is a large card. It fit in my EVOLV ATX fine, but if you have a small form factor you might have an issue.
Pros: Playing on a XB270HU and runs games maxed out for the most part @ 1440P
Stays cool and RGB lighting software is easy to use
Fans didn't even spin up when playing World of Warships temps were that good
Cons: Not a fan of the overclocking utility
Have to use the overclocking utility to get OC mode and RGB lighting
not really a con but it is a very long card and fits in my Corsair 500R but does run very long
Overall Review: Seen a lot of posts of people saying they are getting bad temps on their card or issues. I have had non so far in 3 days and managed to reach an OC of 2075mhz so far and +251 on the memory. I can push it further but haven't had a lot of time to test the stability of it. I'll do more of that this weekend. I also live in a hot climate so ambient temps are 26C (proof of OC and temps http://imgur.com/jdMSKAN )