The ASUS M2N-E is an affordable Socket AM2 board with SLI support. The nForce 500 SLI MCP also delivers automatically increased bus speeds with nVIDIA's LinkBoost technology. The board is also AMD Live! ready, so when used with a 64-bit dual core processor it turns your system into a multimedia powerhouse.
Internal and external connectivity is easy with 4 USB and 1 FireWire port on the back panel plus headers for 4 more USB and 1 more FireWire port. The most convenient connectivity feature is the Q-Connector. This handy module lets you plug in all of your front panel connections to one adapter then plug the adapter in to the board. Gigabit LAN keeps you connected to your network and the world through your broadband connection.
You no longer have to fear making changes to your BIOS. The CrashFree BIOS3 lets you restore a corrupted BIOS from a USB flash drive that contains a copy of the file. Updates are just as easy with EZ Flash2, you no longer need a DOS boot disk to do the job. Asus continues to offer innovative solutions for your computing experience!
- AMD LIVE! ReadyDeveloped for full-featured consumer multimedia desktops, AMD LIVE! seamlessly connects, stores, distributes, accesses and enables digital media content in multiple rooms throughout the home and even on the go!
- NVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP for Performance GamingNVIDIA nForce 500 SLI MCP delivers outstanding gaming experiences. Enjoy scalable graphics performance with NVIDIA SLI technology. Other advanced features include SATA 3Gb/s RAID and Gigabit LAN.
- Ultimate Gaming Performance with NVIDIA SLI TechnologyNVIDIA SLI (Scalable Link Interface) takes advantage of the increased bandwidth of the PCI Express bus architecture and features intelligent hardware and software enabling a pair of GPUs to deliver earth-shattering, scalable graphics power, approaching twice the performance in certain applications.
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3With ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3, restore corrupted BIOS data through a USB flash disk that contains the BIOS file without the need to buy a replacement BIOS chip.
- Q-ConnectorThe ASUS Q-Connector allows single-step connection and disconnection of chassis front panel cables with one complete module. This unique adapter ensures quick and accurate connections without the trouble of plugging cables in separately.
- Coaxial S/PDIF outFeaturing a coaxial S/PDIF-out (SONY-PHILIPS Digital Interface) jack for digital audio output, the ASUS M2N-E SLI motherboard provides convenient connectivity to external home theater audio systems while keeping the best signal quality without converting to the analog format.