A simple and inexpensive motherboard for the enthusiast or the first time builder, the Asus M2N-MX is a great starting point for anyone wanting to build a system or upgrade their motherboard. Designed with the small form factor case in mind, this motherboard will fit into most small desktop systems. Equipped with an AMD socket AM2, suitable for Athlon 64 processors, including the X2 and FX series, it's more than capable of handling anything you can throw in there.
Using the Nvidia GeForce 6100 chipset with integrated graphics in conjunction with up to 4GB of DDR2 memory, the M2N-MX is perfect for those that don’t need a discrete graphics card. Audio's onboard, too: hear crystal-clear quality from all your audio - MP3 playback, home theatre, advanced gaming, VOIP and more, and never worry - SoundMAX high-definition audio is there to enhance your experience!
It also includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, onboard 5.1 channel sound, and 4 SATA ports. And because of those 4 ports, by adding multiple hard drives to the system the M2N-MX supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5. The M2N-MX has multiple expansion slots to use including one x16, and one x1 PCIe slots, and two additional PCI slots. Build a powerful system -- the Asus M2N-MX is a great foundation.
- AMD Socket AM2This motherboard supports AMD’s Socket AM2-based CPUs, including the Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX and Athlon 64 series. With a 2000MHz system bus using Hyper Transport Technology and support for dual-channel DDR2 RAM, AM2 motherboards form the basis for phenomenal system performance.
- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU and nForce 430 ChipsetMicrosoft DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 3.0 and NVIDIA’s advanced PureVideo technology allow the integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6100 GPU to deliver ultra-realistic effects and unmatched multimedia functionality for incredible PC gaming and multimedia experiences. The NVIDIA nForce 430 MCP also provides SATA 3Gb/s ports with RAID support as well as onboard LAN support.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. Four SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and 5 for better performance and enhanced data security.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe ASUS M2N-MX features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mb/s data transfer rates. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.
- ASUS EZ Flash 2EZ Flash 2 is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply press the pre-defined hotkey to launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS in only a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.
- ASUS Q-FanASUS Q-Fan technology intelligently adjusts CPU fan speeds according to system loading to ensure quiet, cool and efficient operation.