Shipped with the new AMD AM2+/AM2 socket, the Asus M3A78-EM allows you to elevate your rig beyond the standard limits with support for the Phenom FX/Phenom/Athlon 64 FX/Athlon 64 X2 and 45nm AMD Phenom II processors. Install up to 8GB of DDR2 memory with dual channel support to power through complex operations, and Hyper Transport 3.0 technology massively increases the CPU bandwidth at lower power levels for cooler operation.
The board features the AMD 780G chipset with an integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics adapter. A PCI-Express x16 slot lets you add additional graphics horsepower, and supports ATI's Hybrid CrossFireX technology and DirectX 10, as well as HDMI output – letting you display your video on any HD flat-screen television. Because high-end video deserves equally high-end audio, you'll get 8 channels of HD audio.
Besides the PCI-Express x16 lane for the Hybrid CrossFireX, there is also a PCI-Express and 2 PCI slots for further system enhancements. Storage won't be a problem with five SATA 3Gb/s connectors.
- AMD AM2+ Processor SupportThe Asus M3A78-EM supports AM2 AMD processors including the Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64, Athlon FX and Sempron series as well as the latest AM2+ AMD processors.
- ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology SupportBased on ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, ATI Hybrid Graphics allows you to combine the performance of the HD3200 integrated GPU with an applicable ATI Radeon graphics card to bring enhanced gaming performance, productivity and power efficiency.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300Mb/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board five SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.
- Multiple Video OutputsThe Asus M3A78-EM supports multiple digital and analog display output interfaces - HDMI, DVI, DisplayPort and D-Sub so you can enjoy high-definition pictures and movies on various display devices.
- Asus EZ Flash 2With Asus EZ Flash 2, simply press the pre-defined hotkey to launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.