Equipped with the new AMD AM3 socket, the Asus M4A78-EM allows you to elevate your rig beyond the standard limits with support for the next-generation 45nm AMD Phenom II processors. Install up to 16GB of DDR2 memory with dual channel support to power through complex operations, and Hyper Transport 3.0 technology massively increases the CPU bandwidth at lower power levels for cooler operation.
The board features the AMD 780G chipset with an integrated ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics adapter. A PCI-Express x16 slot lets you add additional graphics horsepower, and supports ATI's Hybrid CrossFireX technology and DirectX 10, as well as HDMI output – letting you display your video on any HD flat-screen television. Because high-end video deserves equally high-end audio, you'll get 8 channels of HD audio.
Besides the PCI-Express x16 lane for the Hybrid CrossFireX, there is also a PCI-Express and 2 PCI slots for further system enhancements. Storage won't be a problem with five SATA 3 Gb/s connectors. Asus EPU technology delivers system-wide power efficiency by intelligently adjusting power in real time to ensure the best power management.
- Socket AM3 Processor SupportThe Asus M4A78-EM supports the latest-generation AMD Socket AM3 processors including the AMD Phenom II X3 and AMD Phenom II X4 processor, as well as AM2 and AM2+ processors including the AMD Phenom, AMD Athlon and AMD Sempron series.
- ATI Hybrid Graphics Technology SupportBased on ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology, ATI Hybrid Graphics allows you to combine the performance of the HD3200 integrated GPU with an applicable ATI Radeon graphics card to bring enhanced gaming performance, productivity and power efficiency.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board five SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.
- HDMI OutputThe Asus M4A78-EM features an HDMI output for connection to your high-definition video equipment. With the HDMI interface ensuring lossless transmission of high-quality HD video signals, play back HD contents on your computer and view them on your large HDTV set for more comfort.
- Asus EZ Flash 2With Asus EZ Flash 2, simply press the pre-defined hotkey to launch this tool and update BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. You can update your BIOS only in a few clicks without preparing an additional floppy diskette or using an OS-based flash utility.
- Power EfficiencyAsus exclusive EPU (Energy Processing Unit) technology digitally monitors the CPU power and intelligently scales power up and down according to the work load for extreme energy efficiency.