Based on the AMD 970/SB950 chipset, ASUS M5A97 EVO ATX motherboard lets you take advantage of the powerful AMD AM3+ multi-core processors. You’ll enjoy up to 4.8 GT/s HyperTransport 3.0 (HT 3.0) interface speed, quad USB 3.0 & 6x SATA 6Gb/s and PCI Express 2.0 x16 graphics.
The M5A97 EVO is equipped with DIGI+ VRM technology in addition to the TPU and EPU processors that offer enhanced performance and power management. DIGI+ VRM power delivery allows a user to precisely adjust and control power settings digitally for precise power control and flexible tuning of their system. Also included is the intuitive and feature laden ASUS UEFI BIOS menu interface allowing users to control and adjust their motherboard settings through the use of a mouse-enabled interface for a superior user-friendly experience that BIOS does not offer.
- AMD FX /Phenom II /Athlon II /Sempron 100 Series Processors SupportThis motherboard supports AMD AM3+ multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and current AMD Phenom II /Athlon II /Sempron 100 Series processors. The AMD 970 Chipset is designed to support up to 4800MT HyperTransport 3.0 (HT 3.0) interface speed and PCI Express 2.0 x16 graphics.
- DIGI+ VRMASUS DIGI+ VRM is an innovative, industry-leading technology that fully integrates Intel VRD12 specifications on a native level, greatly enhancing power to go far beyond the limits of analog designs. ASUS DIGI+ VRM acts as a digital controller to perfectly match digital power signal (SVID) requests from the CPU, eliminating digital-to-analog conversion lag. The exclusive dual driver and MOS design doubles the heat dissipation area with expanded cooling surfaces for improved thermal performance. Spacing components out over a wider area speeds up cooling to enhance reliability and stability. The same exclusive dual driver and MOS design also provides twice the CPU power supply with two complete power stages. This results in far greater phase load tolerances, so the CPU never has to wait for power to arrive, increasing performance and overclocking potential.
- TPU & EPUThe TPU chip offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring through Auto Tuning and TurboV functions. Auto Tuning offers a user friendly way to automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while TurboV enables unlimited freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance in diverse situations. The EPU chip provides a real-time, dynamic power saving by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. This also reduces fan noise and extends component longevity!
- UEFI BIOSThe new ASUS UEFI BIOS is an Extensible Firmware Interface that complies with UEFI architecture, offering a user-friendly interface that goes beyond traditional keyboard-only BIOS controls to enable more flexible and convenient mouse input. Users can easily navigate the new UEFI BIOS with the same smoothness as their operating system. The exclusive EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed setup info, while the Advanced Mode is for experienced performance enthusiasts that demand far more intricate system settings. The UEFI BIOS also natively supports hard drives larger than 2.2TB in 64-bit, with full storage space utilization, helping deliver far more exciting computing than traditional BIOS versions!
- Quad USB 3.0 & 6 x SATA IIIAMD SB950 Southbridge natively supports next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) storage interface, which delivers up to 6.0 Gb/s data transfer rates. ASUS facilitates strategic USB 3.0 accessibility for both the front and rear panel - 4 USB 3.0 ports in total. Experience the latest plug & play connectivity at speeds up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
- Auto Tuning - Auto System Level UpAchieve extreme yet stable overclocking results automatically with Auto Tuning! With built-in stability testing, Auto Tuning allows beginners to easily upgrade their CPU performance at no extra cost.