The M5A97 is equipped with dual Intelligent Processors technology. This exclusive design consists of the EPU (Energy Processing Unit), which automatically monitors power consumption system-wide to ensure efficiency, and the TPU (TurboV Processing Unit) - guaranteeing superior performance for every task, bringing users an unbeatable experience. Also included is the intuitive and feature laden ASUS UEFI BIOS menu interface allowing users to control and adjust their motherboard settings through the use of a mouse-enabled interface for a superior user-friendly experience that BIOS does not offer.
- AMD FX /Phenom II /Athlon II /Sempron 100 Series Processors SupportThis motherboard supports AMD AM3+ multi-core processors with unique L3 cache and current AMD Phenom II /Athlon II /Sempron 100 Series processors. The AMD 970 Chipset is designed to support up to 4800MT HyperTransport 3.0 (HT 3.0) interface speed and PCI Express 2.0 x16 graphics.
- TPU & EPUThe TPU chip offers precise voltage control and advanced monitoring through Auto Tuning and TurboV functions. Auto Tuning offers a user friendly way to automatically optimize the system for fast, yet stable clock speeds, while TurboV enables unlimited freedom to adjust CPU frequencies and ratios for optimized performance in diverse situations. The EPU chip provides a real-time, dynamic power saving by automatically detecting current PC loadings and intelligently moderating power consumption. This also reduces fan noise and extends component longevity!
- UEFI BIOSASUS’s exclusive UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) is the first ever mouse-controlled graphical BIOS interface designed with dual selectable modes which goes beyond traditional keyboard-only BIOS controls to enable more flexible and convenient input with quick scrolling. The exclusive EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed setup info, while the Advanced Mode is for experienced performance enthusiasts that demand far more intricate system control, including detailed DRAM information.
- Dual USB 3.0 & 6 x SATA IIIAMD SB950 Southbridge natively supports next-generation Serial ATA (SATA) storage interface, which delivers up to 6.0 Gb/s data transfer rates. Experience ultra-fast data transfers at 4.8 Gb/s with USB 3.0 – the latest connectivity standard. Built to connect easily with next-generation components and peripherals, USB 3.0 transfers data 10X faster and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 components.
- Auto Tuning - Auto System Level UpAchieve extreme yet stable overclocking results automatically with Auto Tuning! With built-in stability testing, Auto Tuning allows beginners to easily upgrade their CPU performance at no extra cost.
- AI Suite II - One-stop Access to Innovative ASUS FeaturesWith its user-friendly interface, ASUS AI Suite II consolidates all exclusive ASUS features into one simple-to-use package. It allows users to supervise overclocking, energy management, fan speed, voltage, and sensor readings. This all-in-one software offers diverse and easy to use functions, with no need to switch back and forth between different utilities.