AsusTek's multi-format DVD burner DRW-1814BLT supports all current popular optical drive formats, giving you maximum flexibility in back-up media. LightScribe technology permits burning the label directly onto the media. The SATA interface makes for extremely fast data transfers.
FlextraLink and FlextraSpeed technologies combine to monitor the buffer and the media to deliver the fastest burns possible. FlextraLink's buffer monitoring also prevents buffer underruns and the creation of unusable discs.
The Double Dynamic Suspension System II (DDSSII) is designed to minimize spindle vibration and harmonic resonances between components. This makes the drive quieter and also helps to reduce tracking errors.
- DVD Multi RecorderThe ASUS DRW-1814BLT DVD Burner enables users to burn any DVD+R/-R, DVD+RW/-RW or DVD-RAM disc and supports the dual-layer function allowing up to 8.5GB data to be burned and saved on a single dual-layer disc. Burn your own DVD/VCD movies or backup data with ease!
- 18X Ultra High Writing SpeedWith advanced burning technology, the ASUS DRW-1814BLT DVD Burner delivers an ultra-high DVD+R/-R writing speed of 18X. The super fast burning speed enables users to write a whole DVD+R/-R disc in about 5.5 minutes!
- LightScribe TechnologySay goodbye to adhesive labels, paint or ink! With the innovative LightScribe technology, ASUS DRW-1814BLT DVD Burner burns any image or text directly onto the surface of LightScribe-compatible CDs or DVDs to create your own publication-like disc collection.
- FlextraLink Buffer Underrun Errors Prevention TechnologyThe FlextraLink technology eliminates buffer underrun errors and creation of unusable discs by monitoring the data buffer status throughout the whole recording process, ensuring higher recording quality during high-speed operation.
- FlextraSpeed Optimal Writing Speed Adjustment TechnologyWhen reading/writing/re-writing across a broad range of certified media in different formats, the FlextraSpeed technology automatically sets the optimal writing speeds to ensure the best recording quality by continuously monitoring the recording media. Throughout the recording process, FlextraSpeed occupies minimal system resources so the PC remains fully operational and available for other tasks.
- Superior Stability with DDSSIIDesigned to minimize the vibration caused by the high-revolution spindle motor and resonance, the ASUS DDSSII provides enhanced stability for the pick-up head both horizontally and vertically for better tracking and focusing, and reduces vibration and noise between components as well as the drive and PC cases.