The Asus DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 is powered by a Radeon R9 280, the latest AMD GPU designed to take your gaming to the next level. Based on AMD 28nm GCN architecture and boasting support for DirectX 11.2, the Radeon R9 280 gives you the power to drive today’s hottest games — and tomorrow’s, keeping you in the fight whatever the circumstances. With Ultra Resolution Gaming you can leave HD in the dust by gaming on displays much, much larger. Whether using a 4k monitor or combining multiple HD monitors, you’ll get an expansive experience that’s truly out of sight. A rich set of AMD innovative technologies is included, such as App Acceleration, AMD PowerTune, AMD ZeroCore, and AMD HD3D technology. With these technology advancements, you'll get more than one way to elevate your gaming experience.
This model comes equipped with exclusive DirectCU II and CoolTech fan technologies for cooler, quieter, and faster performance, as well as an exclusive voltage-regulation module (VRM) and super alloy power that ensures less power noise and unmatched durability.
- TOP-selected editionTOP-selected 980MHz core – 50MHz higher than the reference for smoother gameplay.
- DIGI+ VRM with Super Alloy PowerThe acclaimed DIGI+ VRM has been applied via a 12-phase power design that uses digital voltage regulators to minimize power noise by 30%, enhance power efficiency by 15%, widen voltage modulation tolerance, and improve overall stability and longevity by two and a half times over the reference.
- DirectCU IIThe exclusive DirectCU II thermal design includes a direct-GPU contact 10mm copper heatpipe and 220% larger dissipation area to boost heat removal efficiency. It performs 20% cooler and three times quieter than the reference. (Equivalent to 14dB and performance varies depending on system configuration)
- CoolTech FanThe exclusive CoolTech fan consists of a hybrid blade and bearing design, with an inner radial blower and outer flower-type blades. These provide multi-directional airflow to accelerate heat removal and enable highly stable graphics performance.
- GPU Tweak StreamingGPU Tweak helps you modify clock speeds, voltages, fan performance, and more, all via an intuitive interface. What’s more, a simple online-streaming option function lets you share gameplay live – so people can watch as you play!
- MantleThere’s optimization, and then there’s Mantle. Games enabled with Mantle speak the language of GCN architecture to unlock revolutionary performance and image quality. (Application support is required.)