ROG STRIX B660-I GAMING WIFI
The ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi packs premium-grade power delivery into a compact mini-ITX form factor to unleash the full force of 12th Gen Intel® Core™ processors. Framerates and load times can be boosted even further by all-new support for DDR5 memory and PCIe® 5.0, plus AI-enhanced controls and exclusive ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile tuning. Meanwhile, onboard WiFi 6 and two PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots bring lightning-fast performance to an endless variety of scenarios. On top of all that, DIY-friendly innovations help simplify the PC building process, so even novice builders can get right into serious gaming.
ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi helps DIYers get the most out of their gaming builds with high-end power delivery, optimized cooling, and intelligent controls for managing cooling, networking and audio settings.
TEAMED POWER STAGES
8+1 power stages combine high-side and low-side MOSFETS and drivers into a single package, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors can take full advantage of.
ALLOY CHOKES AND DURABLE CAPACITORS
High-end chokes and durable capacitors are engineered to resist extreme temperatures, enabling performance that exceeds industry standards.
PROCOOL POWER CONNECTOR
The ASUS ProCool socket is built to exacting specifications to ensure flush contact with the PSU power lines, enabling lower impedance and better heat dissipation.
DIGI+ POWER CONTROL
The Digi+ voltage regulator module (VRM) is one of the finest in the industry, ensuring ultra-smooth and clean power delivery to the CPU.
A multi-layered printed circuit board design quickly dissipates heat around the voltage regulators to improve overall system stability and provide the CPU with more overclocking headroom.
ROG Strix B660 motherboards feature comprehensive cooling options that configurable via the Fan Xpert 4 tool in Armoury Crate or within the UEFI BIOS.
CPU Fan Headers
A dedicated pair of PWM/DC fan headers for CPU coolers.
AIO pump fan header
A dedicated PWM/DC header for self-contained water-cooling setups.
Keeps a mounted M.2 SSD at the optimum operating temperature for consistent performance and reliability.
Provides additional mass to deal with the thermal load of high-performance M.2 drives.
4-pin PWM/DC Fan Headers
Each header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
TWO-WAY AI NOISE CANCELATION
This powerful ASUS-exclusive utility leverages a massive deep-learning database to reduce background noise from the microphone* and incoming audio while preserving voices. Distracting keyboard clatter, mouse clicks and other ambient noises are removed so you can hear and be heard with perfect clarity while gaming or during calls.
* A splitter cable is necessary when using a 3.5 mm headset.
* Testing configuration: CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core Processor ; Motherboard: ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO; Graphics card: NVIDIA RTX 3070; DRAM: G.SKILL F4-3200C16Q-32GVK; Power: SUPER FLOWER 550W; HDD: ADATA SX910 SSD 128G; Cooling: Enermax T.B.APOLLISH; Game: CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE ; Voice Communication App: Discord (In-app noise canceling effects disabled) ; Background noise: Keyboard typing, mouse clicking, people talking, and music playing.
* Actual performance varies by configuration.
HEAR THE DIFFERENCE
ASUS AI Cooling technology automatically manages and controls motherboard-connected fans to ensure optimal settings based on current system load and temperature.
SELF-ADAPTIVE FAN TUNING
CPU Temperature Detection
AI Cooling detects CPU temperatures and uses a proprietary algorithm to calculate the lowest fan speed required to effectively cool the system and keep fan noise down.
Under stable system loads, the software then automatically lowers fan* speed to the optimal setting, decreasing fan noise without compromising performance.
* Fans need to be connected to the following headers for AI Cooling control: CPU_FAN / CPU_OPT / CHA_FAN / M.2_FAN / H_AMP / RAD_FAN
AI Cooling continues to monitor the system and adjust fan speed based on current load.
AI Cooling can easily be activated via the Fan Xpert 4 dashboard in ASUS AI Suite 3. Once activated, it will override all manual controls.
Fan Speed References
For those who prefer manual control, AI Cooling provides reference points on a graph that details fan speed in relation to temperature, providing a guide for fan settings.
The proprietary ROG GameFirst VI utility is designed to help all users — beginners, experts, and everyone in between — optimize network settings to ensure smooth online gameplay. New to this generation, GameFirst VI features AI-enhanced identification and boost technologies to ensure faster and smarter network optimization.
HOW IT WORKS
GameFirst VI analyzes usage patterns and the digital signatures of your applications and compares them to a database of over 200,000 apps.
GameFirst VI intelligently switches application priority and adjusts bandwidth, depending on the situation. When gaming, it accelerates and prioritizes game packets to give you supersmooth online gameplay ? even when you're streaming high-quality video or transferring large files.
An intuitive graph provides an overview of real-time network status. Simply click on the tab to view the current bandwidth usage of each application, geolocation status of each network connection, or an analysis of the WiFi channels.
WHAT IT DOES
WIFI Quick Assist analyzes network information and generates a graph to give you a clear picture of current network status. In addition, when paired with an ROG router, you can scan your WiFi network to find the best channel and use Game Boost to prioritize gaming devices and packets.
GameFirst VI notes what you're currently doing and adjusts bandwidth accordingly to ensure smooth online experiences, even when multitasking.
GAMING FIRST MODE
Gaming First mode leverages a massive application database and an analysis of your frequently used apps to prioritize gaming network traffic. This reduces jitter and decreases ping to give you lag-free online gaming.
ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi features an innovative design that delivers diverse and wickedly fast connectivity options for supersmooth online experiences and ultrafast data transfers. And alongside those perks, ROG delivers an advanced audio solution that allows gamers to pick out the smallest cues and home in on their opponents.
Storage & Memory
DDR5 overclocking strength
Comprehensive memory tuning options are the cornerstone of ROG motherboards. For DDR5, ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi breaks performance limits by providing a stacked suite of overclocking parameters for not only high-speed kits, but even entry-level memory modules that have a locked power management IC (PMIC).
- A dedicated circuit on the motherboard safely circumvents DDR5 memory PMIC restrictions, allowing you to step past the default 1.1-volt limit and push frequency and timings to the max.
- Ordinarily, a restricted PMIC that has been unlocked requires the system to be fully power-cycled each time memory voltage is adjusted. ROG motherboards leverage onboard hardware and firmware to cleverly work around this irksome limitation, enabling voltage adjustments to be applied through the same soft system-reset process employed for previous generations of DDR memory.
- For users new to memory overclocking, ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi includes the exclusive ASUS Enhanced Memory Profile (AEMP)* firmware feature for PMIC-restricted memory modules.
ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi features two onboard M.2 slots, both of which supports wickedly fast PCIe 4.0 drives for provide maximum storage flexibility and lightning-fast data speeds available with the latest Intel processors.
WIFI 6 (802.11 AX)
Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) supports ultrafast wireless-networking speeds, improved capacity and better performance in dense wireless environments, providing exceptional online gaming experiences. Pair your motherboard with ASUS WiFi 6 routers to fully experience the networking potential of WiFi 6.
Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet
Onboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5x improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
ROG SupremeFX is a unique blend of hardware and software that provides superior audio. In ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi, SupremeFX features the S1220A codec to increase playback resolution from 192 kHz to 384 kHz across all channels. The front-panel output is streamed through a highly integrated Savitech amplifier that’s capable of driving of a wide variety of gaming headsets and high-fidelity headphones.
PLAY IN STYLE
Pair ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi with other products from the diverse ROG ecosystem to create a fully customized gaming setup that reflects your personal style.
UNDENIABLY ROG STRIX
The stealthy black aesthetic of ROG Strix B660-I Gaming WiFi is complemented by an iridescent ROG logo on the M.2 heatsink cover, touches of pixelated retro gaming art, and an understated but stylish Strix nameplate on the I/O shroud.
The innovative Q-Latch makes it easy to install or remove an M.2 SSD without the need for specific tools. The design employs a simple locking mechanism to secure the drive and neatly eliminate traditional screws.
ROG Strix motherboards undergo an extensive certification program to ensure compatibility with the widest range of components and devices. Our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) provides a reference for identifying guaranteed-compatible components and memory.
ASUS AIO coolers are also compatible with a wide variety of CPUs, up to and including 12th Gen Intel processors, giving you ultimate flexibility to cool the CPU that fits your needs.
THE ROG STRIX ECOSYSTEM AWAITS
Level up your game with ROG Strix. Enjoy complementary aesthetics, control and compatibility across AIO coolers, cases, peripherals, and much more. ROG offers more choices than any other brand.
ROG Gives You More
ROG-exclusive software utilities deliver intuitive audio tuning and gaming enhancements so you can configure your gaming build the way you want.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY and more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
When you're ready for a deeper dive into the configuration of your system, delve into the UEFI's advanced mode and take complete control. Each section is intuitively organized, and a built-in search feature makes it easy to find the options you need. Advanced functions are coded with the intelligence to adapt to your settings, and when you're ready to take charge, parameters have the granularity to dial in performance just the way you want.
Designed to simplify setup, EZ mode presents vital settings and stats on a single page. With guided wizards, drag-and-drop functionality, and one-click application of important settings, your rig will be up and running in no time.
The renowned ROG UEFI (BIOS) provides everything you need to configure, tweak, and tune your rig. It offers intelligently simplified options for newcomers to PC DIY, as well as more comprehensive features for seasoned veterans.
The TurboV Processing Unit (TPU) provides AI Suite 3 with the intelligence needed to automatically fine-tune voltages, monitor system stats.
With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU), you’ll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with Away mode.
FAN XPERT 4
Fan Expert 4 provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers. Control is also possible via the award-winning ROG UEFI. Whether you're cooling with air or water, Auto-Tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters with a single click. There's also an Extreme Quiet mode, which reduces all fan speeds to below the default minimum to keep your system whisper-quiet when performing light tasks.
DIGI+ POWER CONTROLS
The Digi+ voltage-regulator module (VRM) delivers real-time control over voltage droop, allowing you to switch frequency and power-efficiency settings so you can fine-tune CPU voltage regulation for ultimate stability and performance.
Define CPU overclocking, apply fan profiles, prioritize network data, optimize audio settings at app level, and more ? all with this intuitive tool.
SONIC STUDIO III
ROG Sonic Studio supports HRTF-based (head-related transfer function*) virtual surround for VR headsets, casting an immersive aural landscape that draws you deeper into the action. The intuitive Sonic Studio interface also offers a range of EQ options and one-click presets, allowing you to tailor acoustics to suit personal preferences or the characteristics of your headset.
SONIC STUDIO LINK
The new Sonic Studio Link allows you to apply effects on all playback devices. Simply press the Sonic Studio Link button to enjoy the effect on any connected device.
SONIC STUDIO VIRTUAL MIXER
Combine audio output from selected apps with audio from the microphone input and stream the compiled mix.
Apply customized audio settings to various applications, so that each is perfectly tuned to the way you want to listen.
DTS: SOUND UNBOUND
DTS: SOUND UNBOUND
ROG Strix B660 motherboards are pre-loaded with the DTS Sound Unbound app that envelops you in audio as never before, conjuring whole new levels of immersion for extraordinary gaming and entertainment experiences. By leveraging Windows Sonic spatial technology, DTS Sound Unbound delivers audio in a virtual 3D space — putting you right in the middle of the soundscape, where you can sense the location and direction of every gunshot, footstep or other sound in your virtual environment.*
* DTS Sound Unbound requires in-game support. Check with game developers for supported titles.
Discrete left and right audio channels enable headphone or two-speaker setup.
Audio is split and served over multiple speaker channels – e.g., 5.1 or 7.1 – to create an enveloping experience on a single, logical plane.?
A virtual audio “sphere” effect creates astonishing 360-degree immersion – with you at the center, where sounds seem to travel in all directions.
ROG Strix B660 motherboards include an AIDA64 Extreme 60 days free trial. This industry-leading system information tool provides detailed information about installed hardware and software, and it also provides benchmarks for measuring performance of the entire system or individual components. AIDA64 Extreme includes a monitoring and diagnostics feature to detect and prevent hardware issues. All vital system sensors can be tracked in real time, allowing voltage readings, fan speeds, and temperature information to be displayed on the desktop or sent to dedicated displays or to the OLED panels of ROG AIO liquid coolers*.
* Support available for ROG Ryujin II and later models.
ROG X AIDA64 EXTREME
HARDWARE MONITOR DISPLAY
Armoury Crate is a software utility designed to give you centralized control of supported gaming products, making it easy to tune the look and feel of your system. From a single intuitive interface, Armoury Crate helps you customize RGB lighting and effects for compatible devices and synchronize them with Aura Sync to create a unified lighting scheme across your system. In addition, Armoury Crate’s Fan Xpert4 tool provides comprehensive control over fans, water pumps and all-in-one (AIO) coolers.
You can also use Armoury Crate to download drivers, software and user manuals, register products, and tap into a special news feed that connects you to the global ASUS gaming community.
* Windows 10 required for full Aura Sync functionality within Armoury Crate. For Windows 8 and earlier versions, standalone Aura Sync software is available for free download from the product support site.
DRIVER & MANUAL DOWNLOADS
ASUS ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
FAN XPERT 4
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer specification pages for full details.
- Precise specifications and features vary by model . Please refer to the specification page.
- The product (electrical , electronic equipment, Mercury-containing button cell battery) should not be placed in municipal waste. Check local regulations for disposal of electronic products.
- The use of trademark symbol (TM, ®) appears on this website means that the word text, trademarks, logos or slogans, is being used as trademark under common laws protection and/or registered as Trademark in U.S. and/or other country/region.
- WiFi 6E availability and features are dependent on regulatory limitations and co-existence with 5 GHz WiFi.
- The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
- Products certified by the Federal Communications Commission and Industry Canada will be distributed in the United States and Canada. Please visit the ASUS USA and ASUS Canada websites for information about locally available products.
- All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please check with your supplier for exact offers. Products may not be available in all markets.
- Specifications and features vary by model, and all images are illustrative. Please refer to specification pages for full details.
- PCB color and bundled software versions are subject to change without notice.
- Brand and product names mentioned are trademarks of their respective companies.
- Unless otherwise stated, all performance claims are based on theoretical performance. Actual figures may vary in real-world situations.
- The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.