TUF series, which stands for The Ultimate Force, delivers a “tough” image. With its unique design and high quality components (military-standard), TUF series is built for stability, all-round compatibility, and extreme durability.
The newest addition to the TUF Series motherboards is the SABERTOOTH 990FX based on the latest AMD’s top 990FX/SB950 chipsets. Known for their unrivaled quality and reliability in extreme conditions, the SABERTOOTH 990FX features the use of CeraM!X, an exclusive aerospace-grade cooling material that is extremely effective in conducting heat away from vital system components. Also onboard is ASUS’ Thermal Radar technology that consists of ten sensors located on vital motherboard components, which provides users the ability to actively monitor each one individually and automatically adjust fan speeds to ensure a high level of system stability without overheating. Besides six native SATA 6Gb/s ports and total four USB 3.0 ports, the SABERTOOTH 990FX also brings multi-GPU configurations through both SLI and CrossFireX to bring a brand new gaming style like you’ve never experienced before.
- AMD 990FX ChipsetThe SABERTOOTH 990FX supports the upcoming AMD FX AM3+ multi-core processors with up to 8-core native CPU cores and delivers better overclocking capabilities with less power consumption. It features AMD Turbo CORE Technology 2.0 and accelerates data transfer rate up to 5200MT/s via HyperTransport 3.0 based system bus. This motherboard supports AMD AM3 Phenom II/Athlon II/Sempron 100 series processors and AMD AM3+ CPUs in the new 32nm manufacturing process.
- CeraM!X - Heatsink Coating Tech.50% larger area for heat dissipation with the revolutionary ceramics-coating technology! Innovative ceramics effectively conducts heat away from the system. It replaces traditional anti-oxidant to dissipate heat better with its microscopic irregular surface and enlarged area. Better cooling leads to overall improvement in system stability.
- TUF Thermal Radar - Real Time Temp Detection and Heat RemovalTUF's Thermal Radar monitors temps in critical parts of the motherboard in real time, automatically adjusting fan speeds to make sure the system maintains high stability without overheating. It consists of multiple sensors for various components on the motherboard, giving users the ability to monitor each one individually. The Thermal Radar automatically calculates ideal fan speeds based on different parameters selected by users for each component, keeping everything cooler and longer lasting.
- DIGI+ VRM - a New Digital Power Design EraThe new ASUS DIGI+ VRM design upgrades motherboard power delivery to a digital standard. The 8+2 digital architecture provides the highest power efficiency, generating less heat to enhance longer component lifespan and ensure minimal power loss. With ASUS DIGI+ VRM, users can easily adjust power phase performance, enabling new PWM voltage and frequency modulation controls. Digital 8+2 power phase design also expands the modulation spectrum for improved stability and lower VRM switching noise by dynamically detecting system load, empowering users with superior flexibility and perfect precision to ensure optimized performance, extreme system stability, and greater power efficiency.
- UEFI BIOS - Flexible and Easy BIOS InterfaceASUS UEFI BIOS offers a user-friendly interface that goes beyond traditional keyboard-only BIOS controls to enable more flexible and convenient mouse input. Users can easily navigate the UEFI BIOS with the smoothness of their operating system. Quick and simple overclocking and setup sharing is facilitated by the F12 hotkey BIOS snapshot feature. The exclusive EZ Mode displays frequently-accessed setup info, while the Advanced Mode is for experienced performance enthusiasts that demand far more intricate system control, including detailed DRAM information.
- TUF Components (Alloy Choke, Cap. & MOSFET; Certified by Military-standard)Get rugged performance even in the most challenging conditions with robust TUF chokes, solid capacitors, and MOSFETs--certified through third-party, military-grade testing. TUF Chokes, also known as the “Alloy Choke”, is a made of a compound of various types of metal instead standard iron, enables the support of up to a massive 40A of rated current, 25% higher than conventional component. Furthermore, the single piece packaging also eliminates the emission of vibration noise, delivering superb characteristics as well as durability under extreme conditions.