NVIDIA's 200 series of graphics cards combines cutting edge technology and advanced capabilities for best-in-class performance. The GTX280 boasts a 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified Architecture solution for all your most demanding graphic needs. It’s Microsoft Vista ready and equipped with a PCI-Express 2.0 interface. The GTX280 supports 3-way SLI to seriously crank your performance options by using up to three graphics cards for insane flow rates.
The card's core clock runs at 650MHz, relieving your CPU of pixel crunching duty. Data surges through the GTX280's 240 stream processors fed by 1GB of 512-bit 2326MHz GDDR3 memory. Twin dual-linked DVI and 400 MHz RAMDAC lets you display 2560 x 1600 resolution video and graphics on even the largest monitors. Support for DirectX 10, OpenGL 2.1, NVIDIA's PureVideoHD, CUDA and PhysX-ready are built in to render even the most intense environmental effects or HD DVD video with brilliant clarity.
The GTX280 delivers fluid frame rates and HD video with solid performance. If your motherboard can take it, the GTX280 can dish it out.
- 2nd Generation NVIDIA Unified ArchitectureSecond generation architecture features enhanced processor cores that provide incredible shading horsepower, cranking out 50% more gaming performance over the previous generation.
- NVIDIA PhysX-ReadyWith NVIDIA’s PhysX physics engine, the GeForce GTX280 creates the most compelling physical effects that mimic the real word, making your gaming experience a truly immersive one.
- 3-way NVIDIA SLI TechnologyBy implementing 3-way AFR (Alternate Frame Rendering), 3-way NVIDIA SLI technology brings up to 2.8X performance increase over a single GPU configuration, taking extreme gaming to a whole new level.
- NVIDIA CUDA TechnologyCUDA technology unlocks the processing power of the GeForce GTX280 to solve the most demanding computer-intensive tasks - such as video encoding - in a fraction of the time required on a CPU, so you can work and play at full speed.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD TechnologyThe combination of high-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content, especially movies.
- NVIDIA HybridPower TechnologyDesigned for PC enthusiasts and hard-core gamers, HybridPower Technology switches graphics processing from the GeForce GTX280 graphics card to your motherboard GeForce GPU when running less graphics-intensive applications for reduced energy consumption, quieter operation, and less heat generation.