The BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 is great, full-value motherboard if you're ready to replace or upgrade your system. Equipped with an AMD socket AM2, suitable for Athlon 64 and Sempron processors, including the X2 and FX series, this board will take most anything you can throw at it. Using the Nvidia nForce 550 chipset,it supports up to 4GB of DDR2 memory for supreme power. It also includes a gigabit Ethernet port, 7.1 channel onboard sound, and 4 SATA ports.
With those 4 ports, you can add multiple hard drives to the system -- managing them with RAID 0, 1, 0+1, and JBOD. Expand to your heart's and wallet's content with one x16, and two x1 PCIe slots, and an additional 4 PCI slots. Build a powerful system; the BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 can hold it all for you.
- AMD Socket AM2This motherboard supports AMD's Socket AM2-based CPUs, including the Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX and Athlon 64 series. With a 2000MHz system bus using Hyper Transport Technology and support for dual-channel DDR2 RAM, AM2 motherboards form the basis for phenomenal system performance
- NVIDIA nForce 550 MCP for Mainstream UsersNVIDIA nForce 550 MCPs deliver outstanding quality and performance to casual PC users, gamers and business users alike with advanced SATA 3Gb/s RAID and High Definition Audio features.
- Dual-Channel DDR2 800DDR2 next generation memory technology replaces current DDR memory and provides a walloping performance boost. With support for up to 800MHz DDR2 memory, the BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 delivers fantastic performance in extreme 3D graphics environments and in memory intensive applications.
- PCI Express x16 Graphics InterfaceThe latest PCI Express x16 graphics interface delivers over 3.5 times the bandwidth of AGP 8X to support the latest high-performance graphics cards.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe BIOSTAR TFORCE 550 features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mb/s data transfer rates. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. Four SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and JBOD array for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.