The Canon A620 is something new on the compact camera horizon: An affordable, well-featured 7.1 MP compact great for the enthusiasts watching the budget. It’s newly equipped with the amazing DIGIC II processor and a 2.0 vari-angle LCD, and has a wealth of options, including a 4x optical zoom.
The A620's 7.1 mega pixel CCD has enough detail for large prints, and you can shoot on any setting from full auto to full manual control. In addition, a sort of user guide is available by the integrated function button in the center of the four-way buttons on the back. The A620 supports video, too, up to a minute long, with the QVGA format at 60fps, or in VGA at 30fps at any length your storage will allow.
There is nothing here that looks like a 'budget' model at all; image quality is excellent, it's very well built, it handles well and it has a real wealth of photographic features that make it suitable for everyone from the absolute beginner to the more experienced photographer wanting more control over the picture taking process. Like previous Canon models, it's a great first camera for anyone wanting to learn photography, being both affordable and well-featured enough to grow with you. A fine purchase for gifts, vacation or family use!
- 7.1 MegapixelThe PowerShot A620 has an amazing 7.1 Megapixel CCD for picture-taking with ultimate precision, crisp detail and brilliant true-to-life colors. The high-quality images have the resolution perfect for larger prints.
- DIGIC II Image ProcessorCanon's DIGIC II Image Processor provides markedly faster startup, auto focus and playback for improved processing speed and image quality. DIGIC II assures more colorfully vibrant images.
- 2.0 inch Big LCD ScreenThe PowerShot A620's 2.0-inch big LCD screen features an astonishing 115,000 pixel resolution to ensure picture brightness and clarity whether setting up your shot or playing it back. The vari-angle design allows swiveling of the LCD screen 180° to the front of the camera for shooting from any position.
- PictBridge SupportThe PowerShot A620 makes photograph printing easier than ever. Simply connect your PowerShot A620 to any PictBridge-compatible printer, select your image and print settings, and press the Direct Print button to start printing.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed interfaceThe PowerShot A620 supports the USB 2.0 Hi-Speed standard for the highest possible data transfer speeds when using a USB 2.0 compatible computer.