cover
Jay D.

Jay D.

Joined on 01/26/04

0
0

Product Reviews
product reviews
  • 4
Most Favorable Review

Large Capacity, Good Performance

SUPER TALENT Luxio 64GB BLACK COLOR Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) 256bit AES Encryption Model STP64GLXBU
SUPER TALENT Luxio 64GB BLACK COLOR Flash Drive (USB2.0 Portable) 256bit AES Encryption Model STP64GLXBU

Pros: I purchased this drive about 45 days ago and I have been using it as a backup device for all my critical files. While researching flash drives I found this was the only one with dual channel design (which in theory is twice as fast as a single channel), huge capcity, AES security and a decent price. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Cons: Although it's fast for a flash drive, it's still not as fast as some of the newest high performance/medium capacity drives - but they also cost a lot more and offer less space. Basically don't expect this drive to keep up with your traditional hard drive. The AES password protection requires me to close Windows Explorer after unlocking the drive as all the drive letter disappear (could be because I'm running Vista 64bit). Not a problem, just a minor inconvience.

Overall Review: From my research and experience this is the best bang for the dollar. If you need space to backup important files you can't go wrong with this flash drive.

12/15/2008

Good Product

OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV6GK
OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV6GK

Pros: Solid packaging, easy install, Gigabyte MB recognized memory correctly. I have had no crashes or other issues. Solid performing memory for over 2 months now.

Cons: The rebate process is horrible. The rebate house received my rebate OVER 2 months ago according to rebate's status site; yet it still says it's processing. The rebate hasn't even finished processing; so what another 2 months to write the check? How long does it take to process/verify since they already looked at it and entered all the information to the online tracking system? Try taking over 8 weeks to determine if you should pay one of your bills/obligations and see what happens to you. OCZ, why don't you just lower the prices, drop the rebates - you'll sell a ton more without all the bad taste in your customer's mouths? Plus you wouldn't have to pay a fee to the rebate house. Must be the Harvard MBA's at OCZ, upset 80% of your customers that do use the rebate process so you can earn a few extra $$ on the other 20% that don't file a rebate. Way to plan for the long term success of the company!

OCZ Plantinum

OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV6GK
OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1333LV6GK

Pros: Great price when taking into account rebate. Surprisingly all the modules run at 1.5 volts (not the 1.6 stated in the manufacturer specs) at 7,7,7 without any tweaking and in fact was recognized by my GB motherboard right off the bat! Runs this way without issue!

Cons: Lacks large heat disipators. But they seem to run cool with what they have!

GA-EX58-UD5

GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard

Pros: Solid engineering, high quality components, good BIOS tweaking, detects high performance memory without adjustments.

Cons: Expensive, but all the X58 based boards are at this time. The floppy and old style ata connector are oddly placed (but I don't use them anyway). Third PCIe video card slot is close to end of motherboard (but who uses three video cards anyway).

Overall Review: I've owned Gigabyte motherboards for 4 generations now and have never had an issue or problem. The last board had approximately 3,000 hours without a hitch. I expect this one to easily reach this benchmark.