Featuring the latest GeForce® 8600 GTS with 256MB GDDR3 memory and DirectX® 10 and Shader Model 4.0 support, EVGA's 256-P2-N761-AR delivers amazingly realistic gaming effects and full support for Microsoft® Windows Vista. Differing from past GPU generations, this talented card features a dedicated on-chip video processor for superb picture quality and ultra smooth video playback. Humming a long at a brisk 675 MHZ with a 2GHz memory clock, you’ve got more than enough juice to slice through the stiffest competition.
It also features NVIDIA's latest developments, including GigaThread™ Technology, which, through a massively multi-threaded architecture creates thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency for advanced, next generation shader programs.
Additionally, This amazing unit supports Quantum Effects™ Technology, enabling a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU as well as support for NVIDIA's Lumenex™ engine, which introduces 16x Anti-aliasing and 128-bit floating point High-Dynamic-Range (HDR) rendering for the most realistic lighting effects.
- NVIDIA Unified Architecture with GigaThread TechnologyThe Fully-unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics and pixel shading operations, delivering incredibly true-to-life 3D graphics. In addition, the massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 SupportThe world's first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- NVIDIA Lumenex EngineThe NVIDIA Lumenex Engine supports 128-bit and 64-bit floating point HDR with up to 16x anti-aliasing, delivering vividly realistic lighting effects while obliterating "jaggies".
- NVIDIA Quantum Effects TechnologyNVIDIA Quantum Effects Technology enables advanced shader processors architected for physics computation and a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU - all the while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI.
- HDCP CapableWith integrated High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) support, this card allows playback of HD DVDs, Blu-ray Discs and other protected content at full HD resolutions.
- NVIDIA SLI TechnologyDelivers up to 2x the performance of a single GPU configuration for unmatchable gaming experiences. The must-have feature for PCI Express graphics, NVIDIA SLI technology allows two graphics cards to run in parallel and dramatically scales performance on today's hottest games.