The GeForce 8 series offers a complete family of graphic cards ready to meet the unique needs of their users. The series features a unified DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 & Open GL 2.0 architecture to produce stunning 3-dimensional graphics textures. With 10-bit per channel output, the 8 series produces higher fidelity color and separation. In addition, the cards support SLI and NVIDIA's PureVideo HD.
The 8800GT delivers blistering video and graphic performance. Its 754 million transistors can handle anything your games throw at it – and with reduced energy requirements. Accelerated processors offers faster video, and other high-demand graphic effects are rendered in high definition and without lag. Its 112 stream processors are fed by 512MB of 256-bit GDDR3 SDRAM running at 1800MHz to deliver a full 2560 x 1600 resolution.
The 600MHz core clock keeps everything moving and the 400MHz RAMDAC and four dual-linked DVI let you output to multiple and large monitors. Video can also be streamed via HDTV or S-Video outputs for greater flexibility. The 8800GT hits the mark for price while delivering high-end graphic performance.
- NVIDIA Unified Architecture with GigaThread TechnologyThe fully-unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics and pixel shading operations, delivering incredibly true-to-life 3D graphics. In addition, the massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 SupportThe DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- NVIDIA Lumenex EngineThe NVIDIA Lumenex Engine supports 128-bit and 64-bit floating point HDR with up to 16X anti-aliasing, delivering vividly realistic lighting effects while obliterating "jaggies".
- NVIDIA SLI TechnologyDelivers up to 2X the performance of a single GPU configuration for unmatchable gaming experiences. The must-have feature for PCI Express graphics, NVIDIA SLI technology allows two graphics cards to run in parallel and dramatically scales performance on today's hottest games.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD TechnologyThe combination of high-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content, especially movies.
- Built for Microsoft Windows VistaBuilt for Windows Vista, NVIDIA's fourth-generation GPU architecture offers users the best possible experience using the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface available in Microsoft latest operating system.