The GeForce 8 series offers a complete family of graphic cards ready to meet the unique needs of their users. The series features a unified DirectX 10 Shader Model 4.0 & Open GL 2.0 architecture for stunning 3-D graphics and lifelike textures. With 10-bit per channel output, the 8 series produces higher fidelity color. The cards support SLI and NVIDIA's PureVideo HD.
The 8800GTS and its 754 million transistors deliver blistering video and graphic performance. Accelerated processors offer faster video and other high-demand graphic effects. 128 stream processors are fed by 512MB of 256-bit GDDR3 SDRAM running at 1940MHz to deliver a full 2560 x 1600 resolution.
The 650MHz core clock keeps everything moving and the 400MHz RAMDAC and twin dual-linked DVI let you output to multiple and large monitors. Video can be streamed via HDTV or S-Video. The 8800GTS blows past the competition for best-in-class graphic performance at an affordable price.
- NVIDIA Unified Architecture with GigaThread TechnologyThe fully-unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics and pixel shading operations, delivering incredibly true-to-life 3D graphics. In addition, the massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs.
- Full Microsoft DirectX 10 SupportThe DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects.
- NVIDIA Lumenex EngineThe NVIDIA Lumenex Engine supports 128-bit and 64-bit floating point HDR with up to 16X anti-aliasing, delivering vividly realistic lighting effects while obliterating "jaggies".
- NVIDIA SLI TechnologyDelivers up to 2X the performance of a single GPU configuration for unmatchable gaming experiences. The must-have feature for PCI Express graphics, NVIDIA SLI technology allows two graphics cards to run in parallel and dramatically scales performance on today's hottest games.
- NVIDIA PureVideo HD TechnologyThe combination of high-definition video decoding acceleration and post-processing delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for all video content, especially movies.
- Built for Microsoft Windows VistaBuilt for Windows Vista, NVIDIA's fourth-generation GPU architecture offers users the best possible experience using the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface available in Microsoft latest operating system.