Foxconn's A79A-S ATX motherboard delivers powerful computing and graphics. Based on AMD's 790FX and SB750 chipsets, it is ideal for the home or business user who relies on top video performance. Certified for Windows Vista, it supports AMD's AM2 Phenom multi-core processors as well as all other socket AM2 CPUs. Up to 8GB of DDR2 memory can be installed with dual channel support to power through complex operations and Hyper Transport 3.0 technology massively increases the CPU bandwidth at lower power levels for cooler operation.
Four PCI Express 2.0 slots support CrossfireX technology to deliver maximum horsepower to challenging graphics challenges. The results can be delivered via optical or coaxial outputs. Top-notch graphics require equally powerful audio, so the onboard Realtek ALC888SDD chipset delivers 8 channels of audio with support for DTS Connect and Dolby Digital Live along with the ability to split two different sound sources.
A FireWire and six USB 2.0 ports give you the flexibility to expand and enhance your system while the SATA and eSATA connectors let you achieve high-speed data transfers with no bottlenecks. Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN lets you connect to other systems on your network at broadband speeds.
- AMD K10 Processor SupportThe Foxconn A79A-S supports AM2 AMD processors including the Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64, Athlon FX and Sempron series as well as the latest AM2+ K10 AMD processors.
- ATi CrossFireX Multi-GPU Technology SupportATi CrossFireX is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform, enabling two or more discrete graphics processors to work together for boosted system performance and a breakthrough gaming experience.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board six SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.
- Dual Gigabit LANThe integrated dual Gigabit LAN design allows a PC to serve as a network gateway for managing traffic between two separate networks. Dual Gigabit LAN means rapid data transfers from WAN to LAN without any added arbitration or latency.
- IEEE 1394a SupportIEEE 1394 is a widely used standard of interface between personal computers and digital AV equipment. With IEEE 1394a you can easily connect digital devices such as a digital camcorder to the IEEE 1394a port provided on this motherboard for up to 400Mbps data transfer speeds.
- eSATA SupportDual eSATA ports on the back I/O panel provide easy setup and hot-plug functionality so you can back up photos, videos and other multimedia content on external devices with ease.