Are you an E-Blast Insider?
ICY DOCK Industrial Full Metal 2.5 SATA/SAS HDD & SSD Hot Swap Mobile Rack Cage for 3.5 Drive Bay with Key Lock & Thumb Screw - ToughArmor EX MB491SKL-B
- Fits 1x 2.5" SATA/SAS (single channel) HDD/SSD in a 3.5" front bay
- Removable EX-Secure Mini Tray design with metal key lock & thumb screw lock
- Supports 7-15mm drive heights
- Full metal design
ICY DOCK ToughArmor EX MB491SKL-B
Industrial Full Metal 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD & SSD Mobile Rack for 3.5" Front Device Bay with Key
Lock & Thumb Screw Design
The ICY DOCK ToughArmor EX MB491SKL-B 2.5" mobile rack is built specifically for industrial small form factor systems that require exceptional drive security. It uses heavy duty metal construction, which is considered to already comply with flammability requirements and is capable of withstanding the harshest environments. The metal key lock prevents unauthorized access to your important drives and the thumb screw lock adds extra protection from impact which reduces drive tray vibration, increasing drive stability during transportation. Our removable drive tray allows interchangeability of data between multiple systems.
The ICY DOCK MB491SKL-B supports both SAS and SATA hard drive/SSDs at 6Gbps and is backwards compatible to 3 Gbps drives and hosts. It is an ideal solution for enterprise level small form factor applications since it maximizes the use of space in industrial small PCs, surveillance, embedded systems, automation systems, aerospace systems and mobile DVR systems.
The removable drive tray design supports hot-swap and makes maintenance completely hassle free in the event of a hard drive failure. With a simple swap of the hard drive, your overall down time is greatly reduced which is especially useful for time sensitive projects and applications. The trays are designed to accommodate a 7 to 15mm height hard drive or SSD, creating a 2.5” hot swap bay for any standard SATA/SAS drive. While the tray is not installed to the MB491SKL-B, the Anti-Dust Flap helps prevent dust from entering the device.
The metal key lock on the tray prevents unauthorized access to your drive. The unique thumb screw design locks the metal tray into the device to minimize the drive vibration, and to prevent accidental drive tray ejection, providing the ultimate protection for your hard drives or solid-state drives.
The removable drive tray design combined with our dual layer drive security system makes the ToughArmor EX MB491SKL-B a great mobile rack for mobile servers and military grade systems.
The front of the ToughArmor EX includes a status LED when the drive is powered on, off and accessed. Active Power Technology (APT) allows the status LED to be on only when a hard drive is inserted into the enclosure. We have also included drive ID plugs so users with multiple MB491SKL-B units in their system can give each drive tray a unique ID number.
Ensuring the material used can be relied upon for many years after its deployment, the MB491SKL-B is capable of holding up in the harshest environments, with heavy duty metal construction throughout the entire device. The ToughArmor EX’s full metal design is perfect for industrial devices that may require a flammability rating since all-metal already complies with flammability requirements. Because of the high build quality, it can be used in various enterprise systems including: military and law enforcement deployment. It can also be used in manufacturing conditions such as embedded control systems and factory automation systems.
- Low profile design for small form factor applications such as industrial small PCs, surveillance, embedded systems, automation systems, aerospace systems and mobile DVR systems
- Dual Locks design – Metal key lock (for drive security) and thumb screw lock (for impact/vibration)
- Removable drive tray design for easy maintenance which fully supports SATA hot-swap
- Unique drive ID plugs for drive trays are included (#1 - #8)
- Fits 1 x 7mm to 15mm height 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD in a 3.5" floppy drive bay
- Supports SAS or SATA HDD/SSD at 6Gbps and is backwards compatible with SATA 3Gbps drives and hosts (SAS host is required for SAS drives)
- Heavy Duty Full Metal construction, perfect for enterprise applications
- Multi-Flow Technology - provides excellent passive cooling
- Anti-Vibration Technology - creates a safe environment for hard drives or SSDs
- Active Power Technology (APT) - individual led only powers up if there is drive installed in the drive bay
- EMI Grounding - protects hard drives from electrical damage
- Anti-Dust Flap prevents dust from entering when device not used
- Locking latch for both SATA 7 pin data port and SATA 15 pin power port
- MB491SKL-B Device
- User manual
- Drive ID plug
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- This item is covered by NothingButSavings Return Policy
- *Subject to applicable law