Pros: - I don't expect a fast ssd, but this machine surprise me with a SX8200PNP-512GT-S , a very fast SSD NVME drive.
- No garbage Software.
- Build with plastic but feels really solid.
- Simplistic and elegant design, adds you a profesional look.
- The AC Charger es very little and excellent Quality for a 180W AC adaptor.
- WOW 2 NVME PCIE SSD slots, that's very good.
- USB and other ports are very good located (AC in the rear side, so the DP and HDMI).
- Comes with a SD readers.
- feels very compact.
- Above the average Webcam, very nice.
- Good and Loud Speakers.
- the extra thickness helps keep you from feeling heat in any area just from the exhaust fans.
- good bios loaded with many options
-The performance is as expected for the hardware, detect that your apps are quite polished and also the firmware, although it is something basic and lacks much customization, I think that the control of the speed of the fans is quite good.
Cons: - No RGB Per key and any effects, just one color at once.
- No key for quickly set ups Fans.
- No Key for Mute.
- I feel that the gaming center software requires adding more features, it is something quite basic although functional.
Overall Review: It is the laptop you need if you are looking for powerful hardware that is well built with a fairly simple design but at the same time solid and elegant that will give you that professional look. It really is quite light and compact.
Pros: - Display: made by LG, a 144Hz with decent color accuracy (NTSC 72% IPS) and brightness and view angle. It is not the best display on the market of course but it is arguably one of the best in its class
- Rather lightweight compared to other gaming laptops
- Design: the design is elegant, sleek and minimalistic for a gamin laptop with no flashy design (good for people who use it as a dual work/gaming laptop); the laptop is nice to touch and feels and looks premium
- Power/ethernet/HDMI ports are in the back and do not clutter the space
- Extra slots for adding more storage including an extra M.2
- WiFi 6 chipset
- Keyboard has a numpad and is nice to touch but has some flaws (see the cons)
- No bloatware pre-installed
- Good M.2 SSD pre-installed: SX8200PNP-512GT-S is a decent SSD module in terms of speed
Cons: - Keyboard: it has a bit of learning curve to get used to; the right shift key is small and the arrow keys are jammed into other keys; small home/end/del keys; many accidental key press; it only has limited color backlight with no per-key RGB; the keys are a bit small but that is the price you pay to have numpad I guess; keys are a bit stiff to press but at least they are nice to touch and grippy. It is not a horrible keyboard but it could have been a lot better
- Trackpad: mediocre trackpad, a bit laggy and sometimes does not register the taps
- Very loud fan noise when it is at full power
- Small battery for a gaming laptop, but I understand it was compromise to have various storage slots, so cannot complain too much. For a 2-hour normal use session you can rely on it but for long sessions make sure you carry the charger.
- Speakers: forget about base with these speakers, it is loud and clear enough for voice but not music
- Webcam: your old Nokia phone probably has a better camera! Good enough for casual use but expect nothing more
Overall Review: This is review of a professional computer user: a programmer and an occasional gamer. I mentioned some cons but do I still recommend it? Absolutely! I bought this on Black Friday sale and it was a bargain. My other options were ASUS TUF A15 and MSI GP65 series. I picked this one mostly because it had NTSC 72% color accuracy while the other two offered NTSC 45% in their base models (the ones with NTSC 72% were more expensive). I also liked the design more than the other ones. I just wish it came with Ryzen 4800H instead of Intel 10750H. But it is still a beast and is packed with very good hardware and you can throw anything add it. If I could change one thing about this laptop that would be its keyboard. Other than that no major complaints especially considering its affordable price.
Pros: - great video card
- easy to set up and customize
Overall Review: I needed a machine that could 3D render in Vectorworks and AutoCAD. As a non-gamer, this gaming computer does great for drafting - I can run both drafting programs in 3D and full render and it doesn't break a sweat!
Pros: - really good screen
- expandable memory
- nice clean look
-good heat solution
-small power brick
Cons: -nothing bad yet
Overall Review: Good hookups out of the way and on the back of the machine. The I7 can power through apps and software with no problem, and the rtx 2060 pushes even the most challenging games to 120 fps. diablo 3 at max = 144 fps, COD modern warfare sits around 109-126 Fps, assassins creed ody is at 90fps. Cyberpunk runs surprising well on it too. really good computer. I use this as my second PC setup in my bedroom while my main desktop rig is in my Den. Main purpose is a powerful travel laptop that can game and do work with. Some people complain about nahimic, but i think it is a really good tool. When I game, the fans almost immediately run at 80-100%, nahimic drops the fan noise from my mic so my party doesn't hear any back ground noise.
It looks really clean and not too flashy. I can use it for work or gaming. The type C on the back goes to my hub for my other devices, so nothing is on the sides.
Overall Review: This laptop did not disappoint.
Pros: From the screen to the size, this thing is awesome. The screen looks sharp and it runs great without being an absolute monster. The backlighting on the keyboard is good and easily adjustable. I would suggest this laptop to anyone that wants to do moderate gaming on the go.
Cons: The only things that are not the best are the fans (EXTREMELY LOUD) which blow out of the left and right side. It keeps it running cool but this can be an issue if you have your hand/mouse close to the fans as it is extremely hot. The other issue is I bought mine right before they gave away Marvel's Avengers with it (dangit) but that isn't indicative of the laptop.
Overall Review: I would suggest this laptop to anyone that wants to do moderate gaming on the go. The hard drive is small, but that is of course something that can be improved relatively easily. I will absolutely purchase an Aorus again, and will probably upgrade to a 15 model in the future.
Pros: Quiet keyboard with good "feel".
Cons: The HDMI port failed after 4 months.
USB 3.2 port failed after 4 months.
Overall Review: This could have been a good laptop. I used this with a second monitor and was very impressed for the first 4 months. Then ports started to fail. I expected more from Gigabyte.
Pros: I've gotten 3 laptops from Newegg and this one was packaged the best. I wish everything I bought was done this well. The machine works very well; Fast, fast, fast. The keyboard feels good for a laptop. Screen size and clarity are good. No bloatware.
Cons: Sure the fans make noise when the machine is running hot. It does NOT run hot when I have every Microsoft office app open while I'm on a zoom call and browsing Craig's list. It runs hot when I am gaming with graphics maxed out. So when you would expect.
Overall Review: I use this thing for everything from work to play and it does it all in spades. If you work or school and also do some gaming or video editing this is your laptop.