Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
ICY DOCK 4 x 2.5 SSD to 5.25 Drive Bay Hot Swap Backplane Cage Mobile Rack Comparable to Tray-less Design - ExpressCage MB324SP-B
- Supports up to 4 x 2.5" SATA/SAS HDD/SSD into a single 5.25" bay
- Support SATA 6Gbps or SAS single channel (requires SAS host)
- Accommodates 2.5" drives with 7mm, 9mm &12.5mm Height
- Removable ExpressTray system for tool-less, easy installation comparable to tray-less designs
- Fan speed control for HIGH, LOW, and AUTO (smart cooling) settings
- Metal case with heavy duty ABS tray and door latch
ICY DOCK MB324SP-B ExpressCage lets you install four 2.5” SATA/SAS* HDDs/SDDs with 7mm, 9.5mm and 12.5mm height into a standard external 5.25” drive bay. It is ideal for power users and system builders seeking affordable storage density.
It incorporates four 2.5” enclosures, and each enclosure comes with an ExpressTray. The ExpressTray ensures tool-less installation of 2.5” HDD/SDD, which is comparable to tray-less design. It also supports hot-swap for effortless drive replacement. Only a 15-pin power connector is needed to power all four drives. A 40mm cooling fan is located in the center-rear of the unit to expel heat away, keeping your drives operating at peak performance. You can choose between HIGH, LOW, or AUTO smart cooling through the fan speed jumper.
Note: * Support SATA 6Gbps or SAS single channel (requires SAS host)
The ExpressTray can accommodate a 2.5” HDD/SDD with height of 7mm, 9.5mm, and 12.5mm.
The ExpressTray has an LED indicator light. It emits solid blue light to show power on and blinking blue light to show HDD access.
With enhanced door latches, the ExpressTrays ensure great durability and stability.
Enjoy comparable tray-less design.
- Press down the ejection button to extract the ExpressTray
- Align the bottom front drive screw holes with built-in screws on the ExpressTray
- Firmly press down the backside of the drive to secure the drive onto the tray
- Insert the ExpressTray to the enclosure
The ExpressTrays also has bottom tray screw holes. You can install two screws for extra drive stability.
A single 15-pin SATA power connector can power all four drives. No more clutter. No more hassle.
With ICY’s active power feature, your enclosure will be powered down until a drive is inserted slashing energy usage.
The 40mm cooling fan produces a large amount of airflow. It takes heat generated by all four drives away through air vents surrounding the unit.
Thanks to the 3-pin and 2-Pin fan connectors, the unit is compatible with any standard 40mm fan. Choose your favorite aftermarket fan and install it in the center-rear of the unit with no effort at all. Aftermarket fans with extra long cables can easily be managed with the built in fan cable management system – wind the cables up to keep them neat and tidy.
Different loads mean different levels of heat. The unit comes with a fan speed jumper with smart cooling technology, letting you adjust fan speed to suit the load level. It offers three settings: High, Low and Auto. The High setting sets the fan at its maximum output and in Low setting the fan is spinning much slowly for quiet operation. In Auto mode, the fan speed will adjust accordingly to the temperature of the drives.
Locking latch support for both 7pin SATA and 15pin power connectors secures your connection, so they’ll never slip out of place. (Requires cable with supporting locking latch feature as well)
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Mega Retail Store Return Policy