2 x 2.5" SAS/SATA HDD/SSD Mobile Rack for External 3.5” Bay - Comparable to Tray-less Design
The ExpressCage MB742SP-B brings dense 2.5” SSD or HDD storage to the floppy 3.5” bay. With the rising popularity of SFF (Small-Form-Factor) systems due to space-savings and lower power usage, a convenient and protective data storage enclosure is necessary to maintain the critical data stored in the system. The ExpressTray MB742TP-B drive caddy supports tool-less drive installation, and it has been designed to hold your drives securely, with an enhanced tool-less drive gripping mechanism, stabilized drive insertion design, and a strengthened single-piece latch. The new metal chassis has all-around air ventilation to keep your drives running cool all day, even under heavy load.
Utilizing the small space of the external 3.5” drive bay (floppy bay), the MB742SP-B is perfect for applications where space is limited. Small-Form-Factor (SFF) PCs, embedded systems, Box PCs, in-vehicle systems, and home servers can all benefit from this dual 2.5” SAS/SATA drive enclosure. The two drives are also in an ideal position to be used in a RAID setup when combined with a RAID card or software RAID solution. A RAID 1 setup can be used to prevent drive failure, and is excellent for sensitive data, or having a backup of your OS drive. A RAID 0 setup is ideal for applications that require high-speeds, such as in a gaming computer or photo/video editing system. Maximize your speed and security while minimizing your space footprint with MB742SP-B.
Innovative New Tray Caddy Design
The ExpressTray MB742TP-B in the MB742SP-B is designed for applications where drive hot-swap is required, while providing security and durability. Grips on the sides of the caddy hold your drives securely, to keep your sensitive data safe.
The unique built-in screws allow for entirely tool-less drive installation and removal, to allow for quick and easy swapping of drives.
In addition, for applications that require extra stability, we have provided the optional bottom screw holes so you can hold your drives even more securely.
The strong, single-piece latch pops out with the press of a button, making it easy to remove your drives. The integrated drive activity light shines solid blue when powered, and flashes blue when the drive is in use, so you know when it’s safe to remove your drives.
Versatile Utility & Security
We understand that the first priority for any storage enclosure must be security of your data. That’s why the MB742SP-B uses a metal enclosure for maximum protection from bumps and drops. The heat-dissipating properties of the enclosure, combined with the amply placed ventilation holes, keep your drives running cool all day, even under heavy load.
The ExpressCage MB742SP-B supports both 7-pin SATA and 15-pin SATA power cables with locking latches, so you’ll never need to worry about cables unintentionally disconnecting from your enclosure. Once these cables are connected, they’ll lock into place and stay that way.
ExpressTray MB742TP-B for ExpressCage MB742SP-B Drive Tray
- Rugged metal housing with durable ABS caddies for maximum security and protection
- Fits 2x 5mm, 7mm, & 9.5mm 2.5” SATA HDD/SSDs, and installs into a single 3.5” external bay (floppy bay)
- Multi-Flow Technology – provides excellent passive cooling
- Accommodates 2.5" drives with 5mm, 7mm & 9.5mm height
- Active Power Technology (APT) - only powers up if there is drive installed in the drive bay
- Advanced ExpressCage drive caddy MB742TP-B with a new drive-gripping mechanism, strengthened single-piece latch, and tool-less drive installation
- Removable drive caddy system for easy maintenance
- Supports SAS (single channel)/SATA 6Gbps and hot-swap
- Supports SATA data and power cables with locking latches
- A Single SATA power cable powers both drives, reducing cable clutter
- Backed by 3-year manufacturer warranty