When it comes to your home and family’s security, having peace of mind is something you shouldn’t have to put a price on. Having top-quality equipment usually means you have to shell out a large initial investment, but with Ring’s Floodlight Cam, you get a slew of essential security features—at a reasonable price. The Ring Floodlight Cam makes its stand at the forefront of the market thanks to its slew of best-in-class, modern-day security features.
The Ring Floodlight Cam houses a whopping 110dB siren that will fend off any unwanted intruders. As mentioned before, Ring Floodlight Cam owners have the ability to activate and deactivate this feature via the Ring app.
So long as this product is in range and connected to a healthy 2.4GHz WiFi signal, you can activate the Live Feed function right on your smartphone—wherever you are. In Live Feed, you can activate the siren and floodlights to scare off any intruders. You may also choose to activate 2-way audio to inform a delivery person where to leave your package. Also, if any of your neighbors also have Ring devices, like the Ring Floodlight Cam, you have the option to share any suspicious activity you come across.
The Ring Floodlight Cam comes with two industrial-strength floodlights that virtually turn night into day. These floodlights harness the immense power of LEDs to reveal anything in their vicinity. Like everything else with this product, the free Ring app gives you complete control. Within “Light Settings” you can schedule when you want your floodlights turned on. From there, you can select “Advanced Settings” to configure motion zones for lights. Just like Live Feed’s motion zones, you can determine and customize which areas you want your lights to activate in response to motion detection.
270° Field of View
Raising the bar for proper all-in-one home-security solutions, is this product’s top-tier field of view. Most security cameras on the market have a field of view between 100-130°. With Ring Floodlight Cam, you get more than double the viewing area for better peace of mind.
The free Ring app also provides three ways to customize your motion-detection preferences:
- Motion Sensitivity – The motion sensitivity slider gives you control between whether you want notifications for any movement activity or just people detection.
- Motion Zones – Set up to three custom motion-detection zones in Live Feed. The motion sensitivity option will affect what’s detected in these zones.
- Motion Schedule – Schedule times when you don’t want to receive motion-detection notifications.
1080p Resolution & Smart Zoom/Planning
The Ring Floodlight Cam boasts 1080p playback along with smart zoom and panning so you’ll have no problem identifying any distinct details in your footage. And the best part? You can view and zoom all this high-quality content straight from your phone.
Simply put, if you’re looking for an all-day security solution with a fair initial investment, the Ring Floodlight Cam should be on your list. Though functions like Live Feed and Motion-Detection Zones are available out-of-the-box to use through Ring’s free app, you can also sign up for more. If you want to review, share or save your Ring videos you’ll need to sign up for a Ring Protect Plan. The highest tier of this subscription service also provides coverage for all your Ring devices and an extended warranty. Either way, Ring has provided an excellent all-in-one security device that can help give you the peace of mind for you and those you treasure.
Prices and availability of products discussed were accurate at time of publication, but are subject to change.
Before getting into the specifics of the installation process, two essential requirements must be noted:
- You have a junction box installed on the exterior of your home. A junction box is an enclosure with electrical connections that connect to your main power source. Unless you have the wherewithal of installing your own junction box, it is recommended you hire an electrician to do so before purchasing the Ring Floodlight Cam.
- You have at least 2.4GHz wireless internet that can reach the junction box where the Ring Floodlight Cam will be installed. All of this product’s features rely on network connectivity.
If that’s all properly covered, then you’ll be happy to know Ring has provided a step-by-step, easy-to-follow installation guide complete with high-quality color images and detailed diagrams.