Both the RTX 2070 and 2060 SUPER GPUs have already been available for a while, so there isn’t much room for mystery on those. The 2080 SUPER, on the other hand, is still very new. If you’re in the market for a new PC, an upgrade to the desktop you already have, or you’re just curious about the new hardware, there are good chances you’ll have some questions about the 2080.
It can be difficult to find all of those answers in one place, especially with the plethora of tech websites and hardware channels on YouTube, so we’re going to try to answer the most commons questions right here.
Here’s the Newegg Insider FAQ on the Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER.
Prices and availability of products discussed were accurate at time of publication, but are subject to change.
How much does the 2080 SUPER cost?
As the 2080 SUPER is Nvidia’s next top-of-the-line graphics card, short of the Titan, it’s not a cheap or budget card by any stretch of the imagination.
In India, it costs 61,400.00 Rs.
In Europe, it costs around 770 Euros.
Where is the 2080 SUPER for sale?
You can buy the RTX 2080 SUPER, as well as the 2070 SUPER and the 2060 SUPER, on Newegg. As of this writing, Newegg has 2080 SUPERs in stock from several manufacturers, including ZOTAC, MSI, EVGA, GIGABYTE, and ASUS.
How does the 2080 SUPER compare to the regular 2080?
The “2080 SUPER vs. 2080” debate is sure to come up, as it’s the next-in-line upgrade in the exact same series of graphics cards. Nvidia is probably aware of this, and that’s why, luckily, the data is easy to find. Without doing a boring number-by-number comparison, we’ll just list the ways that the 2080 SUPER has improved on its predecessor.
- Seven more Teraflops
- 135 higher MHz base clock
- 105 higher MHz boost clock
- 128 more CUDA Cores
- 1.5 Gbps faster RAM speed
- 48 Gbps faster memory bandwidth
How does the 2080 SUPER compare to competition?
Similarly, some of the most sought-after information on this new card revolves around its performance against other cards on the market. We’ve taken some of the more popular cards out there to briefly highlight if this card performs better or worse than them, and how.
- 2080 SUPER vs. 5700 XT: Nvidia’s 2080 SUPER performs better than AMD’s flagship 5700 XT, but is more expensive. Differences are magnified when compared to the regular 5700.
- 2080 SUPER vs. Radeon VII: The 2080 SUPER performs better than AMD’s Radeon VII, and is more expensive.
- 2080 SUPER vs. 1080 Ti: The 2080 SUPER performs arguably the same as the 1080 Ti, but it’s a tough call. Prices are comparable.
- 2080 SUPER vs. Titan RTX: The Titan outperforms the 2080 SUPER, but the SUPER is much, much cheaper.
- 2080 SUPER vs. 2080 Ti: The 2080 Ti outperforms the 2080 SUPER, and is more expensive.
What is real-time ray tracing, and can the 2080 SUPER handle it?
One of the biggest selling points of the new lines of Nvidia graphics cards are their support and compatibility for real-time ray tracing. To some, that may just sound like a bundle of buzzwords that don’t mean much. If you’re interested in learning more about the hot new feature in game development, you can read our article explaining it in detail, as well as a breakdown of what it looks like in-game in the upcoming supernatural action game Control.