Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
Intel Xeon E5405 Harpertown 2.0 GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 771 80W BX80574E5405A Processor
Ships from United States.
Most customers receive within 3-9 days.
- 1333 MHz FSB
- 45 nm Harpertown
- 12MB L2 Cache
The Quad Core Xeon E5405 processor delivers impressive performance, up to 4 times that of earlier generation single-core processors. A massive 12MB of L2 cache increases the efficiency of cache-to-core data transfers, maximizing main memory to processor bandwidth and reducing latency -- up to 6MB can be allocated to one core. The 64bit cores are designed to handle all of today’s x86 32bit software with ease, and can effortlessly migrate to 64bit software.
Fully buffered DIMM technology allows up to 21GB/s -- 3 times the bandwidth of previous processors. You also get 4 times the memory capacity, up to 64GB. Intel Acceleration Technology helps by cutting CPU overhead by up to 40%, which lets the CPU handle other tasks more efficiently.
You also get Intel Virtualization Technology hardware enhancements that support software-based virtualization. It works with VMware, Virtual PC and XenSource, as well as virtualization products from an increasing number of software vendors. Virtualization combined with multiple cores gives you maximum power and performance per square foot.
- Quad-core Processing with 12MB L2 CacheThe Intel Xeon E5405 processor features four complete processor cores in one physical package. Significant performance headroom, especially for multi-threaded applications, helps boost system utilization through virtualization and application responsiveness. Its 12MB (2 x 6MB) L2 cache increases efficiency of L2 cache-to-processor data transfer, maximizes main memory to processor bandwidth, and reduces latency.
- Supports Intel Virtualization Technology (Intel VT)With Intel VT, one hardware platform functions as multiple "virtual" platforms. For business, Intel VT offers improved manageability, limiting downtime and maintaining worker productivity by isolating computing activities into separate partitions. In the home, Intel VT allows for the creation of unique user environments for different family members who are using the same platform simultaneously.
- Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology (Intel EM64T)Intel EM64T provides an enhancement to Intel 32-bit architecture by enabling the mobile processor platform to access larger amounts of memory. With appropriate 64-bit hardware and software, platforms based on an Intel processor supporting Intel EM64T can enable use of extended virtual and physical memory.
- Execute Disable Bit (EDB)Intel's Execute Disable Bit function can prevent certain classes of malicious "buffer overflow" attacks when combined with a supporting operating system. Execute Disable Bit allows the processor to classify areas of the memory where application code can execute and where it cannot. When a malicious worm attempts to insert code into the buffer, the processor disables code execution, preventing damage or worm propagation.
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology (EIST)EIST allows the system to dynamically adjust processor voltage and core frequency to decrease the average power consumption and heat production. Combined with existing power saving features, EIST provides an excellent balance between supplying power when you need it and conserving power when you don’t.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 60 days
- This item is covered by E.O.L. Tech Inc,. Return Policy