LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265/9285 series controller cards, powered by the LSISAS2208 dual-core 6Gb/c SAS RAID-on-Chip (ROC), deliver the industry’s highest server RAID IOPS and bandwidth, extending the performance leadership offered by the existing family of LSI 6Gb/s SATA+SAS MegaRAID controllers. This second-generation 6Gb/s SAS MegaRAID series includes an 8-port internal controller (9265-8i) and 8-port external controller (9285-8e) to address high-performance storage requirements for both inside and outside the server. The low profile MD2 form factor controllers feature the LSISAS2208 SAS ROC IC with two 800MHz PowerPC processor cores and 1GB DDRIII cache memory. The 9265-8i card provide support for up to 128 SATA and SAS hard drives or solid state drives (SSDs), and support hardware RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50 and 60.
LSI uses the latest technology and features on the second-generation 9265/9285 series designed to deliver significant performance improvements over the existing industry-leading LSI 6Gb/s MegaRAID controllers. Additionally, the 9265/9285 controllers outperform the competition with unmatched RAID IOPS, bandwidth and SSD support.
- Support Up to 128 SATA and/or SAS DevicesThe LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i features hot-pluggable, SATA-compatible SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) ports to provide 6Gb/s data transfer rates for optimum performance, efficiency, convenience and flexibility.
- Unrivaled PerformanceFeaturing LSISAS2208 dual-core ROC equipped with two 800MHz PowerPC processor cores and a 72-bit DDRIII interface that drives 1GB cache memory, the LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i delivers the industry's highest server RAID IOPS and bandwidth, perfect for database applications and digital media environments.
- More Performance Boost with FastPathLSI internal benchmark testing shows that measured IOPS for this second-generation 6Gb/s SATA+SAS RAID controller from LSI surpass 200,000, and exceed 465,000 IOPS when used in conjunction with MegaRAID FastPath software in SSD environments, meeting the high I/O transaction demands of datacenters, database and cloud applications.
- RAID SupportThe LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i supports multi-level RAID configuration including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, and RAID spans 10, 50, 60 for better performance, enhanced data security and flexible capacity upgrades.
- PCI Express 2.0 x8 InterfaceThe LSI MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i features the PCI Express 2.0 x8 interface which provides sufficient throughput and full-duplex operation for enhanced performance.