Get your own cable modem and save on monthly modem rental fees. The Motorola MB8600 is a great choice for customers who want ultra-fast cable modem performance both today and for years to come.
The cable modem is designed to work with U.S. cable Internet providers including Comcast XFINITY, Comcast Business, and Cox Communications. It supports ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 and also falls back to the fastest DOCSIS 3.0 32x8 speeds, great for smooth video streaming, fast downloads, high-speed gaming, web browsing, and more. For maximum flexibility, it’s also backward compatible with DOCSIS 2.0 and 1.1 services. It includes DOCSIS 3.1 Active Queue Management (AQM), which accelerates page loads, gaming, and video conferencing. Other highlights include advanced surge and lightning protection, easy installation, superb customer support, and more.
- The MB8600 supports ultra-fast DOCSIS 3.1 - the only cable modem standard that can deliver speeds over 1 Gigabit per second (Gbps)*. It also has 32x8 support for the fastest possible speeds using the older DOCSIS 3.0 standard. Even if you don’t have DOCSIS 3.1 service now, you can benefit from the 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 capability that’s also built into this cable modem.
- The MB8600 supports Ethernet Port bonding which is essential for delivering 1 Gbps and higher speeds, and comes support for the fastest available cable modem services. It delivers blazing-fast upstream speeds of up to 1 Gbps and downstream speeds of up to 3.8 Gbps when supported by your cable service speed and a router that can bond Ethernet ports.
- Active Queue Management (AQM) significantly reduces Internet latency. AQM results in faster page loads for all Web traffic and greatly enhances interactive applications like online gaming and video conferencing.
- The MB8600 includes Broadcom Full-Band Capture digital tuner to enhance speed and save energy.
- The unit uses multi-processor technology with ARM based application processor for high performance. It features low latency for the fast response needed for many interactive games.
- One open and three masked 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) LAN ports allow connection of any SINGLE device with an Ethernet port, including a router, Windows/Mac computer, HDTV and game station. The multiple Ethernet ports are not for connecting multiple devices - they allow connection to a router that can bond more than one Ethernet port to achieve speeds over 1Gbps when supported by your cable service.
- IPv6 next generation Internet addressing support
- The MB8600 is certified for Comcast XFINITY, Comcast Business, and Cox Communications, and typically saves over $120 per year in cable modem rental fees**.
- Using Quick Start, you can set it up quickly and easily.
- The MB8600 has five status-reporting LEDs on the front panel and two LEDs for each Ethernet port on the back panel, indicating its status – no more guesswork.
- The space-saving unit (7 7/8” tall x 2 1/4” wide x 7 1/4” deep) takes very little shelf space and improves cooling for reliable performance.
*Actual speeds depend on your cable modem service and the speed of your Ethernet LAN ports.
**Actual savings depends on your cable service provider.