Get affordable computing performance with MSI's 790FX-GD70 motherboard. Based on AMD's 790FX and SB750 chipsets, this ATX form-factor board is designed to support the latest AM3 Phenom II processors. With DrMOS OC technology. Instead of discrete MOSFETS and a Driver IC, DrMOS integrates all three into one package that takes up less space, uses less power and is much more power efficient.
Dominate your applications and games with up to 16GB of DDR3 memory fitting into four 240-pin slots with dual channel support and 2600 MHz Hyper Transport technology for increased performance. Onboard Gigabit Ethernet LAN means that you can connect to other networked devices without running into a bottleneck.
Four PCI-Express 2.0 x16 cards can be mounted for cutting-edge graphic power with support for quad ATI CrossFireX. Eight 3Gb/s SATA connectors give you the ability to store massive amounts of data locally with several RAID configurations possible for extra security and high-speed performance, and an eSATA port provides the same capabilities for an external drive. Seven USB 2.0 ports give you additional options in connecting and expanding your system.
- AMD Phenom II SupportBased on the 790FX chipset, the MSI 790FX-GD70 supports AMD’s latest generation Phenom II processors in AM3 socket, providing unprecedented computing power to match the performance levels you are looking for.
- DrMOS TechnologyWith MSI's DrMOS Technology, the MSI 790FX-GD70 features excellent energy-saving capability, offering a high-level of computing performance while maintaining an ultimate low system temperature.
- Scalable DDR3 MemoryFour 240-pin DIMM sockets support up to 16GB of unbuffered (UDIMM) DDR3 memory at speeds of up to 2133MHz, ensuring ample capacity for any application.
- ATi CrossFireX Multi-GPU Technology SupportATi CrossFireX is the ultimate multi-GPU performance gaming platform, enabling two or more discrete graphics processors to work together for boosted system performance and a breakthrough gaming experience.
- Gigabit Ethernet ConnectivityThe MSI 790FX-GD70 features a fast Gigabit network interface for high-speed LAN connections at up to 1000Mbps data transfer rates with advanced security features to ward off malicious attacks. Gigabit LAN is ideal for supercharged seamless streaming of Internet audio and video content.
- SATA II with RAID SupportThe second generation SATA interface delivers up to 300MB/sec transfer speed, doubling that of the first generation Serial ATA. The on-board eight SATA II ports support RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10 for better performance, enhanced data security, and flexible capacity upgrades.