Are you an E-Blast Insider?
Shop without retyping payment details. Secure shopping made faster.
Check out with PayPal.
MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ AMD 990X + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard
- AMD 990X + SB950
- FX / Phenom II / Athlon II / Sempron 100 Series
- DDR3 800 / 1066 / 1333 / 1600 / 1866 / 2133 (OC)
A great blend of performance, features and quality, the MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+ motherboard offers a solid base stone for your power house with everything you want and nothing you don't. AMD 990X chipset natively supports the AM3+ processors allowing you to make the most of the latest computing technology. Harnessing groundbreaking DrMOS technology, precise and robust power supply to the CPU is made possible even during demanding situation. Take advantage of Military Class Components for industry leading stability and reliability. Unlock hidden CPU core and potential with a simple press of a button via the OC Genie. Enjoy a great boost of system performance with USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s. Lossless 24-bit/192KHz HD Audio, an excellent complement to the solid performance, push your experience to a new level with exquisite, immersive sound reproduction.
- Military Class IIThe perfect trinity of quality, stability and efficiency all exist at one mainboard to meet end user expectations. The MSI Military Class II series products provide the long lifespan, unparalleled quality, extreme performance and ultimate efficiency. Insisting on the best stability, MSI utilizes Hi-c CAPs on Military Class series. Made of the rare element Tantalum, often used on space shuttles and satellites, which sustains very high temperatures and shows an amazingly high electrical conductivity. The super Ferrite Chokes use a Ferrite core that is Super-Permeable. Compare with traditional choke, the Super Ferrite Chokes run at a 35 degree Celsius lower temperature. The lower working temperature will enhance mainboard stability. For providing the highest quality products, Solid CAPs are also built in the entire Military Class series. This not only makes bursting capacitors a non-issue but also ensures a dramatically extended lifetime and ultra-low ESR.
- DrMOSIn order to provide customers stable and high quality products, starting from P45 series mainboards, MSI is leading the industry to introduce the world's most advanced power supply component, DrMOS (Driver-MOSFET), which integrates Driver IC, Top MOSFET and Bottom MOSFET into one chip. Except for its outstanding performance in power saving, DrMOS possesses switch frequency which is 400% faster than traditional MOSFET and has great improvement in stabilizing power supply and voltage control. Even under heavy loading and overclocking conditions, DrMOS can still provide the most stable and efficient power supply and quality.
- OC Genie II – Overclock & Unlock CPU Core in 1 SecondOC Genie II, the most powerful and easy overclocking technology is implemented on MSI's AMD 9-Series mainboards. MSI's OC Genie II completely automates advanced overclocking functions and offers up to 248% higher performance with the simple click of a button. It does not matter if you're a first time hardware owner, or a veteran overclocker, activating MSI OC Genie II will unlock your hidden CPU cores, overclock your CPU and your memory to simply give you the best and stable performance for free on MSI AMD 9-Series mainboard available.
- APS (Active Phase Switching)Active Phase Switching, APS, technology is an intelligent design that helps to save energy on MSI’s mainboards. The underlying idea is to switch off the power supply as soon as no electricity is needed, and when the system needs more resources again, APS will automatically adjust electricity supply accordingly. APS will automatically detect your processor’s loading at any given time and save energy accordingly. This is only possible by means of a very advanced power controlling technology. Other than software-based solutions, APS technology stands out from MSI's own research. The specially developed IC chip can operate automatically depending on the demands of the power supply, which is to reduce the total power usage.
- USB 3.0 & SATA IIICompared to the 480Mbps provided by traditional USB 2.0, the all-new USB 3.0's 5Gb/s offers 10 times the transfer bandwidth, so transferring a Blu-ray movie takes less than one minute. MSI also has implemented a front panel USB 3.0 port, making the use of an external USB 3.0 device even more convenient. SATA 6Gb/s provides double the bandwidth of traditional SATA 3Gb/s, and increases the data transfer rate between your mainboard and internal storage devices, such as 7200RPM HDDs, 10000RPM HDDs and SSDs. It’s also the current trend for upcoming high-speed internal storage devices to break the existing bottleneck of a PC’s performance.
- AMD CrossFireX & NVIDIA SLIAMD CrossFireX / NVIDIA SLI technology allow two or more discrete graphics cards to work in concert in one computer system for scalable gaming performance. With these technology, the traditional graphics limitation exists no more, bringing your gaming to a new level of smooth and realism.
Warranty & Returns
Warranty, Returns, And Additional Information
- Limited Warranty period (parts): 3 years
- Limited Warranty period (labor): 3 years
- Read full details
- Return for refund within: 30 days
- Return for replacement within: 30 days
- This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy