The new member of MSI Lightning Series family, the N580GTX Lightning is tailor-made for extreme overclocking. MSI introduces the unique Power4 Architecture to provide the most powerful and stable power for the N580GTX Lightning, thus leading to significantly increased overclocking potential. The N580GTX Lightning is also rich in exclusive features, including the new Twin Frozr III dual-fan cooling with innovative Propeller Blade technology, Triple Overvoltage through MSI’s Afterburner software and top-quality Military Class II components. MSI N580GTX Lightning is designed to offer the ultimate in overclocking capabilities and is the superior choice for overclocking enthusiasts seeking to set new world records!
- MSI Power4 Architecture for Overclocking ReliabilityThe N580GTX Lightning inherits the impressive Power4 architecture from previous Lightning series cards along with improved components and design in four areas. Besides the 16 phase PWM design, the PWM module is twice as large as before and provides double the amount of current to the GPU. Memory has its own independent power supply using an 8-pin connector for minimum interference to greatly increase overclocking potential. The next-generation Proadlizer capacitor (*4) increases signal stability by leaps and bounds while CopperMOS, with 2x high current capacity, provides the GPU with a large and stable power supply. Combined, these features provide extreme overclocking enthusiasts with a more stable operating environment and the best performance out there.
- Twin Frozr III and Propeller Blade Technology for Supreme CoolingThe all new Twin Frozr III cooling design utilizes the innovative Propeller Blade technology to create 20% more airflow compared to conventional fan blades. The airflow also covers a large surface to remove heat quickly and effectively, and coupled with nickel-plated copper base, twin 9cm PWM fans, SuperPipe technology, and the form-in-one heatsink, the result is 21°C cooler and 5.5dB quieter than the reference design under full loads.
- GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) Triple OvervoltageThe MSI N580GTX Lightning comes with MSI's exclusive Afterburner overclocking utility, which not only adjusts GPU and memory clock but also manage the GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) voltages to maximize overclocking potential. Thanks to Triple Overvoltage, the overclocking capability of the N580GTX Lightning can be boosted 24% up when compared with the reference board.
- Extreme Overclocking FunctionsFor hardware enthusiasts, the MSI N580GTX Lightning graphic card comes with exclusive extreme overclocking features. Apart from V-Check Points and V-Switch for monitoring and adjusting the GPU/Memory/PLL(VDDCI) voltages in real time, Dual Bios and XtremeCool switches help to effectively prevent potential problems stemming from liquid nitrogen cooling. PWM Clock Tuner also helps to increase overclocking potential. All these functions come together to make the N580GTX Lightning the ultimate graphic card for extreme overclocking.
- Top Quality Military Class II ComponentsThe MSI N580GTX Lightning graphic card uses top-quality Military Class II components including All Solid Cap for overclocking and full-speed operation, SFC for 10% higher efficiency, and 30% increase in maximum current, as well as Hi-c Cap with Tantalum core which boasts 8 times the lifetime of conventional solid capacitors. These high-quality components not only increase the graphic cards' overall service life but also enhance GPU stability.
- LPL (Lightning Power Layer)Independent circuit design for GPU, memory and power layer decreases noise between different signals to ensure extreme power stability.