The MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC graphics card ships with NVIDIA’s fastest and most power efficient GPU - GeForce GTX 680. The revolutionary Kepler architecture as well as bunch of advanced technologies enables astonishing graphics performance. When used with MSI’s Afterburner overclocking software, the MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC supports GPU overvoltage function to fully unleash the overclocking potential. The Twin Frozr III thermal design with propeller blade technology and all solid capacitors ensure stable and reliable performance.
- Exclusive Twin Frozr III Thermal Design with Propeller Blade TechnologyThe MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC is equipped with the latest Twin Frozr III dual fan thermal solution and MSI-exclusive Propeller Blade technology that features air channels on the edge of the blades to expand total airflow by up to 20%. The twin 8cm PWM fans, heat pipe technology, large surface-area nickel-plated copper base and high fin density all serve to rapidly draw excess heat away from the graphics card. Under full load, the GPU runs 22°C cooler than the reference design, and noise emission is reduced by 10.2dB—validating the superior cooling performance and silent running advantages of the Twin Frozr III.
- AfterburnerCo-development by MSI and Rivatuner, MSI graphics card utility “Afterburner” allows you to adjust the fan speed, adjust GPU & memory clocking speeds in real time, and tune the voltage of the GPU to completely unleash its power. A real-time monitoring interface and burn-in stability test give gamers the power to control the card's overclocking status at any time. MSI Afterburner also supports wireless control by android/iOS handheld devices and built-in DX 11 effect test. Afterburner is a completely free utility which is compatible with almost all MSI graphics cards.
- All Solid CapacitorsThe MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC graphics card utilizes high quality solid capacitor for lower temperature, higher efficiency and up to 10 years ultra-long lifetime (under full load). The aluminum core eliminates the risk of explosion. For the gamers and high-end users, this feature not only means that product has better quality components within, but also provide much stronger support while users want to engage in hard-core tuning.
- Kepler GPU ArchitectureNVIDIA's Kepler GPU architecture has been designed from the ground up not just for maximum performance in the latest DirectX 11 games, but optimal performance per watt. The new SMX streaming multiprocessor is twice as efficient as the prior generation and the new geometry engine draws triangles twice as fast. The result is world class performance and the highest image quality in an elegant and power efficient graphics card.
- NVIDIA GPU BoostUp until now, GPUs have operated at a fixed clock speed when playing 3D games, even if they have the potential to run faster. GPU Boost intelligently monitors graphics work load and increases the clock speed whenever possible. The result is that the GPU always performs at its peak and you get the highest framerate possible.
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical SyncNothing is more distracting than framerate stuttering and screen tearing. The first tends to occur when framerates are low, the second when framerates are high. Adaptive V-Sync is a smarter way to render frames. At high framerates, V-sync is enabled to eliminate tearing, at low frame rates, it's disabled to minimize stuttering. It gets rid of distractions so you can get on with gaming.