The MSI R7870 Hawk is equipped with AMD's 28nm Radeon HD 7870 GHz edition GPU. MSI introduce the flagship design concept of Lightning series into R7870 Hawk, adopting Unlocked Digital Power that incorporates an Unlocked BIOS, Digital PWM Controller, and Enhanced Power Design to boost overclocking potential and make overclocking easier than ever. With the industry first "GPU Reactor" power panel, it reduces power supply noise as well as increases overclocking stability. As for thermal solution, MSI R7870 Hawk utilizes the latest Twin Frozr IV Thermal Design with Dust Removal Technology. The dual 8cm fans with Propeller Blade Technology generate massive airflow for fast heat dissipation while remaining whisper silent. The two form-in-one heatsinks improve cooling for memory and the power module as well ensure structural integrity. The R7870 Hawk uses Military Class III components which have passed rigorous third-party testing to meet MIL-STD-810G standards, guaranteeing the card's stability and reliability under actual use conditions. Moreover, the "3X3 OC Kits" are designed to simplify overclocking, which makes it easier for users to fine-tune their graphics cards. Competing with flagship design of Lightning series, R7870 Hawk absolutely stands out on top among the industry's HD 7870 GHz edition based graphics cards.
- Unlocked Digital Power Releases Overall Overclocking PotentialMSI exclusive Unlocked Digital Power is composed of the Unlocked BIOS, Digital PWM Controller, and Enhanced Power Design. Unlocked BIOS enables to increase PowerTune limit by 57% as well as relax CCC and OCP limits to completely unleash the graphics card's overclocking potential. The Digital PWM Controller provides more stable and accurate voltage signals than analog designs, meaning the voltage can be adjusted more quickly and precisely during overclocking. Enhanced Power Design provides more power than reference design. Equipped with Unlocked Digital Power, R7870 Hawk is the best weapon for gamers.
- GPU Reactor Create the Ultimate Power CoreThe MSI R7870 Hawk implements the innovative "GPU Reactor" power panel which, when installed on the back of the GPU, increases 5 times current volume, reduces power supply noise by 20%, and improves overall overclocking stability. MSI GPU Reactor is easy to install and has built in safety features that make it easy even for ordinary users to install and remove.
- Extreme Cooling Design for Better Cooling and Structural StrengthThe MSI R7870 Hawk incorporates the next-generation Twin Frozr IV Thermal Design. The striking design of the new Twin Frozr IV comes from the two 8cm PWM fans with Propeller Blade Technology and two 8mm SuperPipes to enhance the effect of heat dissipation. MSI has also incorporated its exclusive Dust Removal Technology. Fans are running in reverse for 30 seconds after booting to remove dust from heatsinks and keep the graphics card's cooling performance running at optimum levels. The R7870 Hawk also boasts two form-in-one heat sinks. One heatsink is located on the front of the graphics card to cool the memory and power modules, while another heatsink on the back of the card helps to protect and reinforce the card structure. The best thermal design on R7870 Hawk delivers 15?cooler and 5.7dB quieter than reference design.
- Premium Materials and User-friendly Overclocking DesignThe R7870 Hawk was equipped with Military Class III components certified to MIL-STD-810G military standards in seven different categories by a third-party laboratory. The tantalum-core Hi-c CAP around GPU, the CopperMOS cooling design, the form-in-one Golden SSC, and the rust-proof Dark Solid CAP, all work together to deliver the MSI R7870 Hawk with the best possible stability. The 3X3 OC Kits are designed for overclockers: V-Check Points enable to monitor GPU, Memory and VDDCI voltage by multi-meter while Triple Overvoltage and Triple Temp Monitor allow overclockers to quickly fine-tune and track the condition of graphics cards by MSI Afterburner.
- New GCN Architecture for leading DirectX 11.1 PerformanceThe AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz edition GPU is based on the revolutionary 28nm GCN with up to 20 Compute Units for up to 1280 Stream Processors, 80 Texture Units, 128 Z/Stencil ROP Units, 32 Color ROP Units, dual geometry engines and dual synchronous compute engines. With the 28nm GCN Architecture, the AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz edition GPU offers full support for DirectX 11.1 for fantastic gaming effect and App Acceleration to speed up applications. Backed by 256-bit 2GB of GDDR5 memory, the MSI R7870 Hawk graphics card offers an appealing graphics performance edge.
- Next Generation AMD Eyefinity Technology & AMD HD3DAMD Eyefinity 2.0 features all-new support for stereo 3D, universal bezel compensation, brand new display configurations and an expanded and more immersive field of view. With full support for HDMI (with 4K) and DisplayPort 1.2 HBR2, the AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz edition is set for quad HD. The AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz edition is also backed by AMD’s open 3D initiative for stereo 3D gaming and Blu-ray 3D movies.